Nameless baby help!!

Anna27

Coach Beth Wrote:

> Personally, I like short, simple boys names - Tom,

> Sam, Ollie, Elliot, Ben, Jake

>

Me too - but it's a bit ridic in our house now as my two sons, and husband, each have 3 letter monosyllabic names - I quite often get them mixed up :-$

Other ideas could be:

Art (Art Pepper - jazz musician) is a sort of unusual name over here in the UK and goes nicely with Archie. A friends grandchild is called Che if you'd like that revolutionary feel.

Django (Django Rienhart) for a cool jazz effect? Woody (Woodie Guthrie - folk hero, Woody Shaw - jazz trumpeter) is a jazz/arty name too.

Grayson (Grayson Perry - artist) has a distinguished feel - Gray would be a nice nickname.

I know an adult Heathcliff (35-40?), who we call Heath and is in your original post - go for it.

As for a middle name depends on your surname and do you really need a middle name or would you like two middle names?

Think about the initials and what they might spell.

My 7yr old daughter is watching me type this and likes George and Jacob. Our cat is called Trevor and we love this retro name.

Names are sort of v. important but also not as he will bring his own personality to whatever name and it is the most fun frivolous part of being a parent so go for whatever you want.

I have 3 beautiful girls but the most fav boys name we ever agreed on was Jeremy or Johnathan James Edward Surname.

Have fun being creative and enjoy your little one whatever.

Even nowadays children still get bullied for having unusual or strange names, so I think it's really important to bear that in mind. When we chose names for our daughter we were also very careful to avoid names with initials which could spell a word - I was teased regularly as a child for the word that my initials spelt out.

My husband is called Jago, good name. he always gets..where is that from? I think that it is Cornish for James. That's what I tell people anyway.

My son is called Jed james Lancelot!

I like the name Orlando and also Orson. If I had another boy I would call him Luke.

Did you decide yet?

When you register him you get a year to change the name by just going back to the registry office. We did that with my son as we originally called him James Ed so that he could be called 'Jed' but after a year we decided that he could carry off just Jed! So we went back and changed it.

Good to know that we can change it if we need to, I had no idea you had up to a year!!

Still no closer, we don't even really discuss it because were so busy with the boys, I can recommend naming your children asap because it gets harder the longer we leave it.

Names I Like, Arthur, Orlando, Ralph, Heath (but I worry about the SE London accent being applied and it sounding more like eath/Keith!! like zack but not sure Zack Watts works. Also Fred, Flynn??

Thanks everyone x

This is a great thread. You might find Arthur a bit of a mouthful if you already have an Archie. I wouldn't worry too much about unusual names, there are very few 'usual' names at school these days and all with odd spellings. Out of your list I prefer Zach too - then you will have an A to Z!

I love Jude and Joshua too. Actually Archie and Josh sound quite good together. Hope you decide soon....

Love Felix and Cassius. We also liked Sasha and Rowan- Ro for short. I think it's hard to think of nice boys names that are different without being too out there. Wouldn't worry about teasing at sch. I'm a teacher and haven't ever noticed chn being picked on because of a name. Maybe it sarts in secondary school though.