Forum Wars

LordMayow

annabel42 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Completely agree. People should not be using this

> forum to attack people who they know cannot defend

> themselves on the forum.

I must say I attack Farage, May, Johnson, Rees-Mogg and Banks quite often.

Banks is on Marr this Sunday by the way.

So because someone uses their real name when posting on public fora, they are immune from criticism?

As for whether he is unable to defend himself, he has an account with this forum and was last here on Friday - as you may well know, Admin. He's more than capable of defending himself, although his style now appears to be to threaten litigation to administrators rather than addressing the criticism openly. Unfortunately for him, you can only sue for libel if the thing being said is untrue.

I've bumped the thread evidencing what has been said. Sadly, the other forum deleted the posts in question, but you can gather what has been said from the context and there are plenty of people who read what he originally said who can bear it out. There are always ways to get hold of the original cached pages anyway.

If the man once had the courage of his convictions to stand by the vile things he at least then believed, it woukd be a shame to use censorship to facilitate whitewashing.

I?m rarely inclined to respond to anonymous trolls who misrepresent my opinions, but for you I?ll make a special exception.

a) you?re wrong about me

b) when someone?s politics differ from yours it does not give you license to disrespect them as an individual

c) your malign posts are hurting this forum

It?s not fair on admin or the community for you to indulge your personal grievances here, whoever you are, and however important you think your opinions are.

Thank you very much to those who have kindly defended me.

You appear to want to replace/duplicate things which already exist because you appear to disagree with the way they are run/your views are/have been censored.

Actually it reminds me of a petulant school kid's behaviour who can't get his own way , has a tantrum and throws his toys out of the pram.

So maybe you can use your "skills" to start your very own beachyhead.life forum rather than continuing to impose what you want/think is needed in SE22, SE23 and SE26, which to be honest ain't, ya get me.

chrisbeach Wrote:

> I?m rarely inclined to respond to anonymous trolls

> who misrepresent my opinions, but for you I?ll

> make a special exception.

>

> a) you?re wrong about me

> b) when someone?s politics differ from yours it

> does not give you license to disrespect them as an

> individual

> c) your malign posts are hurting this forum

>

> It?s not fair on admin or the community for you to

> indulge your personal grievances here, whoever you

> are, and however important you think your opinions

> are.

>

> Thank you very much to those who have kindly

> defended me.

I'm not anonymous, this is my real name. I have no personal grievance against you. However I have read your opinions on this forum and on others and find you a despicable human being. Is that OK?

I think even if people use their "real name", they still feel more comfortable expressing online what they wouldn't do so comfortably in person.

I also think that if people don't like being judged on what they express online, they should be mindful of what they write online.

I am a firm believer in what you say/write being a reflection of you. Sometimes we are less than eloquent online.

Forums aren't what they used to be, however, it is 2018 afterall...

Unfortunately the 'left' have shut down meaningful discussion about anything that is not pro-EU, pro-unlimited immigration etc etc by branding anyone who expresses an opinion or cites TRUE examples of abuses of our systems in the UK, opposite to theirs as 'racist' or 'fascist'....rendelharris and others on here are those types of people, and there are many of them out in the wide world- Mr Chris Beach is very brave indeed to use his real name- I was once threatened by an extreme left-wing teacher (who gave his pupils early release from his lessons so that they could go and spread lefty propaganda to other schools!) just because I had seen through his ridiculous party lines and decided to leave his pathetic organisation....

uncleglen Wrote:

> Unfortunately the 'left' have shut down meaningful

> discussion about anything that is not pro-EU,

> pro-unlimited immigration etc etc by branding

> anyone who expresses an opinion or cites TRUE

> examples of abuses of our systems in the UK,

> opposite to theirs as 'racist' or

> 'fascist'....rendelharris and others on here are

> those types of people, and there are many of them

> out in the wide world- Mr Chris Beach is very

> brave indeed to use his real name- I was once

> threatened by an extreme left-wing teacher (who

> gave his pupils early release from his lessons so

> that they could go and spread lefty propaganda to

> other schools!) just because I had seen through

> his ridiculous party lines and decided to leave

> his pathetic organisation....

I?ve tried to have meaningful discussion with you. I?ve asked you questions and attempted to get a conversation going.

You never do anything other than a drive-by splurge of your inner viciousness, so I?ve given up.

Anytime you want to have an actual discussion I?m more than willing, always have been.

Otherwise you just look as bad as the people you attack. You might want to think about your own behaviour and ask yourself what you can do to engage with others rather than come on here periodically st ?stick it? to people you disagree with.

ETA - you don?t use your real name either, so maybe think again about your opinion of those who don?t.

Save your breath joe, throwing a hand grenade and running off is part of the far right play book. Trump does it all the time with the lies and misinformation he Tweets. By the time they get fact checked and countered the Tweets have been seen all around the world and reported on. UG's grenades of course need to be countered, but don't expect a reasoned debate with him about them...

rendelharris Wrote:

> But uncle, you are a racist, and an Islamaphobe,

> and an antisemite, I can quote you chapter and

> verse from your posts which prove that. It's not

> shutting down meaningful discussion to call you

> out on that.

Such a pile of unadulterated BS as usual...you have made this up- as for 'antisemite' that is laughable.... and as for JoeLeg- he asks would I pay more for services when we leave the EU- since MOST of the services provided by cheap labour are unnecessary there is no reason to use ANY of them....and I spent 2 years in a lefty party and 20 years in teaching surrounded by mainly lefties and I KNOW that you are ALL intransigent and therefore I do not waste my time on countering your lying crap.....you think you have the moral highground, and you are permanent virtue signallers....As I've said- you have shut down ANY meaningful discussion by your use of 'racist' 'islamophobe' and such ridiculous extremist language...I would NEVER use my real name in this atmosphere which is as bad- if not worse- than the years I spent amongst the likes of you listening to the rhetoric being trotted out at every meeting- ANYONE with half a brain can talk the talk....

uncleglen Wrote:

> rendelharris Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > But uncle, you are a racist, and an

> Islamaphobe,

> > and an antisemite, I can quote you chapter and

> > verse from your posts which prove that. It's

> not

> > shutting down meaningful discussion to call you

> > out on that.

>

> Such a pile of unadulterated BS as usual...you

> have made this up- as for 'antisemite' that is

> laughable....

Yeah?

Islamaphobia: two weeks ago the charming Freya Mickleson posted "Labour has turned London into the Middle Eastern shit hole it is today. I can only imagine those who are voting to remain are supporters of terrorism & would like Sharia Law implemented into our society." You responded, "Yes."

Antisemitism: a few weeks ago someone posted that the owner of a derelict house was called xxxx but his real name was [something like] Jacob Rothstein. You posted "That last line tells you everything that's wrong about Britain and still is!" (I reported your comment to Admin and it was deleted)

Anti-immigrant/racist: September 17th, you commented "We have attracted the lowest of the low to London."

Made it up, have I? These are just the most recent examples.

Alright mate, whatever.

Amazing cognitive dissonance there.

You?re plainly a really angry person, but fury and divisiveness never solved anything. As I?ve said before, I like listening to the opposing viewpoint. My favourite online place to have my thoughts challenged is ARRSE, where I encounter of of people who disagree with a lot of what I say (and vice versa) but they?ve never descended to your level. In fact I?ve even changed my views on some stuff. Debate and discourse are good, but that?s not what you do here, and I don?t understand how you can?t quite recognise that.

I hope that somehow you find peace within you and a way to stop hating so much, because it will eat at your soul. I?m robust debater and I expect nothing less in return. But there are limits. I would note that you didn?t actually provide an answer to my question, but rather used it to make your own point.

I wish you luck, because you need it.

cn150 Wrote:

> Everyone should treat each other with respect and

> dignity, it?s really important for maintaining

> civility.

Yes, and some of the above posters should stop playing armchair psychologists.

cn150 Wrote:

> civility.

Sorry, I don't believe that antisemitic Islamaphobic racist bigots are deserving of respect, dignity, or civility. They should be called out and brought to account at every opportunity. We live in very dangerous times where these foul people are encroaching more and more into the mainstream of political discourse, and every decent person should stand up to them wherever they try to spread their filth, in national politics or even on such backwaters as the EDF. Respect, civility and dignity have to be earned, they haven't earned it.

Maybaby Wrote:

> cn150 Wrote:

> -----

> > Everyone should treat each other with respect

> and

> > dignity, it?s really important for maintaining

> > civility.

>

> Yes, and some of the above posters should stop

> playing armchair psychologists.

Is that me you?re talking about? Given your earlier post that some pretty good hypocrisy.

cn150 Wrote:

> civility.

One would hope this could always be true. Certainly there?s the idea that one should always ?play the ball, not the person?, and if one resorts to doing otherwise then it?s a default admiral that you?ve lost the argument.

Except it?s npt always accurate. As RH points out, some lines of argument are so heinous that they demonstrate the basic immorality which underpins them, at which point it?s fair to say the opener of such arguments is not worth being treated politely, as they have no intention of being reasonable.

A nasty tone runs through public debate these days, fuelled by social media and the idea that incredibly complex issues can be reduced to soundbites and easy answers, and the even more dangerous idea that if one holds a given position on spmething, then you are somehow in trenchant opposition to all other views. It?s manifesting itself in the view of human beings as somehow unequal or less valid, from whichever point of view is in play.

That?s incredibly scary, and needs to be opposed at every level and every opportunity.

JoeLeg Wrote:

> Maybaby Wrote:

> -----

> > cn150 Wrote:

> >

>

> > -----

> > > Everyone should treat each other with respect

> > and

> > > dignity, it?s really important for

> maintaining

> > > civility.

> >

> > Yes, and some of the above posters should stop

> > playing armchair psychologists.

>

>

> Is that me you?re talking about? Given your

> earlier post that some pretty good hypocrisy.

My earlier post wasn't directed at one particular person, nor was it to continue to go off topic, as you have.

There is such a thing as literally ignoring people. Might you try it?

(I sent you a private message by mistake as clicked the wrong part of the screen).