Idle cricket musing

Peckhamgatecrasher

Keep the faith, it's not that different from the first test (except Cook hit a few). Fingers crossed these 2 will bed in after lunch and knock'em around a bit... I also predict Flintoff will get 40 or 50 so long as he keeps his head...

Looking forward to seeing him bowl a bit too, apparently he's bowling as well as ever at the moment.

Do you think - counterattack was a decent option I'd have thought.

This bowling attack was always likely to do the business at least once this series, and winning the toss at a cloudy Leeds offers the best chance.

No undue cause for alarm.

Channels Boycott - "You never know how good a score is until you've had both first innings".

I suppose 45 is a decent knock but when you're needing stability AND runs it's unhelpful.

Fred in, but we're in real trouble. I'm liking the Boycott quote though. If we bowl out RSA for under a hundred I'm happy to look a plonker for getting all worried.

Edit: With Flintoff batting and Kallis bowling is this the heaviest bat/bowl combo ever seen in test cricket. Those fellas look like they enjoy the odd pie & pint combo. I suppose Ul-Haq's a bit of a chubster and that fella from Barbados(?) in the World Cup was hoooge. If they faced off it would be quality. Any advance on that?

I?d back Freddie in a Flitoff/Fallis fight. Fred?s from Preston so has to be at least a bit hard. Kallis is just a private school rich boy. Although he is South African so harder by nature than your average Englishman, but I?d still back Fred.

Match him off against Steyn, a Phalaborwa Boer from a mining family.

That would be a fight to get the bookies busy.

Or perhaps Nel who is 6 foot a million, certifiably nuts and hails from my neck of the woods which keeps you on your toes.