Is it just me that notices chilled food left out in stores?

LibraCarr

Hi one and all.

I have recently noticed stores reducing prices on chilled items and leaving them out so that the products temperature rises. Last week I noticed Chicken, Salmon, Turkey legs and floweres on the same trolley in Somerfield. The trolley was left near to where they sell hot chickens.

This is not the first time that this has happened. On previous visits I have told the staff nicely that I believe the fine is ?10k and could possibly leave the offending member of staff without a job.

I have had occasions to return three chickens that were off, and although they apologise, the problem still occurs (the chickens that I returned were out of the chiller and not reduced).

Another store that has a problem is Iceland. I went in there the other day and noticed that food was left at the till when someone had changed their mind about buying it. The item was Pate. Surely, staff realise that they are in a freezer shop and should be mindful that refused items should be returned to the chiller asap.

Oh by the way, I only go in there for Stella Lager as it is a good few pounds cheaper there, and they cant go wrong with cans or can they......

Regards,

LibraCarr.

That said I do not tend to buy food from the store as it more expensive, but cleverley marketed.

I think there's been a general decline in training everywhere (not just shops). Firms just don't seem keen to spend money on 'expensive' training for their constantly churning staff (and staff are constantly coming and going in such poorly paid jobs with no training and no prospects). I see it in other contexts, through work. A vicious circle.

If they've taken no notice on several occasions, I'd get onto the Council.