No buses running through lordship lane

sweetgirl

Around 7pm tonight I waited at bus stop near co-op chemist, realised the buses were still on diversion although a P13 had just passed by, so decided to walk to Ondine Road bus stop, boarded a 185 bus which went up Lordship Lane, how pissed am I. The bus driver said he didn't know the times when can/cannot go through Lordship Lane. A new diversion sign needs to go up with exact dated and times. Everyone in favour........

I take the bus to Denmark hill or forest hill each day. Today I asked a child in school uniform at a bus stop if he knew whether buses were running (figured he would have more up to date knowledge given the number of school kids). He told me that buses are running each morning until 8am then the road closes.

At 530 when coming down from Denmark hill last night buses were being diverted along Barry and there was a lot of built up traffic - quicker to walk.

singalto Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I checked a board by Whateley rd last Friday and

> it said LL would be closed between the 27th and

> 29th from 7am.

That's for that segment of the works along by Whateley Road. Another board had works by Goodrich Road on Monday.

I went on the P13 which has a completely different diversion route.

From Goose Green up East Dulwich Road, Peckham Rye, Forest Hill Road, Wood Vale, Melford Road to line of route towards Streatham.

Towards New Cross Gate, the bus serves the first bus stop on Underhill Road, then as above.

Yes agree better to walk, this evening traffic was building up from Goose green down to E Dulwich road and Peckham rye,if I?d known how bad I would have just walked from goose green via Crystal Palace road to get to plough. In the morning getting to Peckham rye st is quicker maybe than East Dulwich or Denmark hill

A P13 bus driver told my wife the diversion was ending in 2 days this evening, it seems nobody has a real clue what is going on.

The amount of roadworks that get repeated within ever decreasing periods of time is getting ridiculous on LL in recent years!

IlonaM Wrote:

> Will buses be running through Lordship Lane on

> Saturday? I have a visitor hoping to get the 185

> from Victoria to Wood Vale stop.

They'll still be able to get to the Wood Vale stop as buses have been running along LL between Dulwich Library and Wood Vale.

In any case, it appears the final part of the resurfacing is going to be overnight work, which will allow buses to run along LL during daytime hours instead on Friday and Saturday.

Bic Basher Wrote:

> IlonaM Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Will buses be running through Lordship Lane on

> > Saturday? I have a visitor hoping to get the

> 185

> > from Victoria to Wood Vale stop.

>

> They'll still be able to get to the Wood Vale stop

> as buses have been running along LL between

> Dulwich Library and Wood Vale.

>

> In any case, it appears the final part of the

> resurfacing is going to be overnight work, which

> will allow buses to run along LL during daytime

> hours instead on Friday and Saturday.

Thanks. That puts my mind at ease!

East of Dulwich Wrote:

> We've asked TFL Buses about the lack of

> information about the diversion over Twitter. At

> first they said that there were notices on the

> stops, but not they say they're going to

> investigate.

>

> Please feel free to add your complaint to this

> thread, here:

> https://twitter.com/TfLBusAlerts/status/1068118110

> 132215808

I'm not on Twitter unfortunately but can someone point out the signs on the bus stops say buses resume after 5pm. This has clearly not been the case the last 2 nights I worked and finished after 8pm!

Nightmare getting into town yesterday lunchtime with 12 terminating at Lambeth North, changing buses to find out the far side of the bridge by Parliament Sqaure was all closed off to traffic as it's being dug up and no buses running along Whitehall.

Tried to get a 176 from the Strand back to East Dulwich, had to give up and go further into town to pick up a bus to get back into south east London. So much for bus drivers communicating, arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So what was planned to be a quick trip to pick an item up took a heck of a lot longer. Now I know why I hate travelling into central London.

dbboy, I got caught out that way a couple of weeks ago. The 12 stopped for no obvious reason a couple of stops past the IWM. We all got on another bus which was on diversion for the reasons you state but we weren?t told anything so the bus stopped at St Thomas?s, got stuck in traffic on the Embankment and didn?t stop again until Piccadilly. It took an hour and 50 minutes to get from the IWM to Trafalgar Square!