Summer babies thread (due June/July/August 2012)

Lovely to meet you all too (and your husband, vch!). It was great to compare notes and hear very useful advice from sydneyswan who has been through this before. Sorry to those who couldn't join us today - look forward to meeting you all soon!

I'm definitely keen to do it again - and I very much liked the suggestion of meeting at one of the local pubs instead of the very squashy cafe. Today was the second Saturday of February, should we aim for the second Saturday in March as well? That would be March 10. What do folks think?

Julie

Hi ladies,

If you have lots to buy for your babies then why not head down to the mum2mum market in Balham on 10th March?

www.mum2mummarket.co.uk

There will be 20+ stalls selling baby and kids goods in fantastic condition at a fraction of the high street price

It's only ?2 on the door and everyone is welcome

10th March 2-4pm Balham Baptst Church, 21 Ramsden Rd, Sw12 8QX

You guys sound like you had a cool time yesterday :)

Sydneyswan, yes Goose Green playground idea on the 24th sounds great if you're still keen, as well as anyone else. My boy hasn't been to that playground for a few weeks as we've been frequenting Peckham Rye instead, so he'll love the change! We can do either the morning around 10.00 or afternoon around 3.30.

Hello ladies - is it too late to join your gang?! I'm due my first baby on 24th August so just squeeze into the summer (hopefully...). Sorry I missed the first meeting but keen to get to know other mums and mums-to-be in the area, so I'll be up for Saturday coffees in the future!

X

Hi Biddls, the more the merrier! I missed saturday meet-up too but will def try to make the next.

I had an unexpected but happy peak at baby again yesterday (thanks to being hospitalised with food poisoning/stomach virus - joyous!) - coming up for 15 weeks - the scan was so much clearer than just 2 weeks ago - lovely!

btw, I'm not normally such a 'sicknote' ;-)

Have a good week everyone xx

Dear pregnant parents,

Your local NCT branch is running, for the first time, a tea group for expectant parents. Anyone from the following postcodes are invited to come, and you don't have to be an NCT member- SW2, SW16, SE5, SE15, SE19, SE21, SE22, SE24, SE27

Details as follows:-

Date: Saturday 18 February 2012

Time: 11am till 12.30pm

Place: The Rosendale pub, 65 Rosendale Road (free on street parking, station is West Dulwich, or no. 3 bus)

Please can you email [email protected] if you are able to make it.

Hi,

I'm so sorry that I didn't make it on Sat - I wish I even had a proper excuse but I don't I just fell asleep after putting my toddler to bed and didn't wake up. Will keep looking on here though. Toddler and I would love to meet at Goose Green playground on Friday 24th - given that neither of the times mentioned are when he is asleep the chances of me having an impromtu nap are minimal!

S.

9:30\10:00 on Friday 24th sounds great - see you there.

I can't make the 10th of March (as we are off on our hols that day - trying to get in a holiday before I get too pregnant) but hopefully you will all have a fab time (I will be desperately trying to entertain a toddler on a 4-hour flight.)

S.

Hope everyone is doing well this week!

I'll stop by the playground after yoga class on the 24th and see if you guys are still around. Won't be toting a toddler though, hope that's okay.

It'll be fun to meet at a pub in March.

This week's cravings: nachos! And for some reason, I'm smelling a phantom smell of a chocolate cake baking in my house.

Hi all,

I am due with number 2 on 20th Aug. I currently have a 16 month old girl. I would love to meet some other summer Mummies, especially those with toddlers already as I imagine second time round with a baby and toddler in tow life will be quite different!

We have swimming on a friday morning so might make the playground by 11 if anyone is still there, otherwise we should sort out another meet up soon.

X

Hello ladies, and welcome to the new joiners... nice to see some more of us with toddlers too!

On Friday morning I was thinking of getting my son into one of the baby swings at 10am, so anyone who turns up can join us there? I'm sure it won't take long until all the little ones are running off in different directions (so it may be difficult to keep a conversation going!)

Hope everyone is feeling well

Hi everyone

Nose bleeds sounds scary, Mavis. Nothing as dramatic for me but no bloomingmess in teh 2nd trimester; instead, I've been waking up at, ooo, 4am and not sleeping until, ooo, 7am by which point it's kind of time to get up.

That's very boring but I am somewhat comforted I don't have blood gushing from my nose (sorry! -hope it gets better)and I don't have a toddler (which I suppose is akin to pregnancy insomnia). Ah, things to be thankful for.

I might be back in London on March 10th for the weekend and will join you all if I can. Otherwise, I'm back the end of March and would love to meet up then before Easter overtakes us all. But that's probably too far in advance to put a date in the diary.

I'm 24 weeks soon. Can't blooming believe it. I look MASSEEEV though, which I'm sure is bloating as most of it goes down over night.

Have fun at Goose Green on friday.

Hi Guys! I don't think there was a pub agreed for 10th. I think the Bishop sounds like a plan. My other suggestion would be The Plough (opposite Dulwich library) as they seem to have a few really big tables suitable for a gang of us (not sure how many we're expecting!)and don't tend to get too busy on a Saturday afternoon.

Hope the nosebleeds are holding off Mavis? I'm just easing out of the first trimester myself, so am looking forward to all this energy and RADIANCE i have been promised!! xx

The Plough is probably a better bet for the 10th March - especially if there's a number of toddlers to entertain too, Gavin (the manager) may even let us use the toddler stuff they have for the Plough baby club if we ask nicely ;-). I'd really like to be there and hopefully will make it - we're in the process of moving house (to acommodate new bub!).

How is everyone feeling? I'm feeling particularly enormous today - met for a coffee with my colleague who is 1 week ahead of me and she has this lovely neat (little) bump on her gorgeous size 8 frame and I look like some gigantic pregnant elephant-sized woman :(

x