Summer babies thread (due June/July/August 2012)

Hya mamas, by my calculation the next Saturday afternoon Plough get together is Sat 7th July, is that right? I will be there. Also wondering if anyone fancies adding tomorrow as an additional 'knees-up'? I missed the last couple unfortunately but I'm on maternity now so more free.... so please post re any week day meets too!

Amy x

Hi all, Have been a bit off the radar (only made one meet up so far!) but finished work yesterday and relieved. Hopefully a bit of time before Freya's little brother arrives - lots to do... Would be glad to meet up also with mum's of two - just seen that post so I'll keep an eye out - always happy to do a picnic tea on the rye if weather is nice?? Not sure I can make 7th but hope to catch up soon. Congratulations to those whose little ones have already arrived! Gosh, it makes it all very real.

P.s. Any ideas for double buggys? We bought a city mini to use in our nannyshare but seats are deep and older babies spend a lot of time reaching forward to see out. Since they'll only be 13-14 months apart, I wanted something that F could lie back nicely in??? Obvious choice would be a Phil and Ted's, particularly for space, but have mixed feelings about rear view?

Hello all

I am a bit late in joining this group. I am due the 1st of August. Anyone else due around this time?

I am hoping to have a homebirth but the little lady is breeched at the moment. Literally trying everything to get her to move (handstands, moxibustion, reflexology etc!) We shall see. Fingers crossed

Anyway it would be great to hear or meet up with anyone due around the same time. Exciting times

Cath x

Hi everyone, sorry I've missed the last couple of meet ups at the Plough, baby Arthur decided to put in an early appearance and was born a week early on June 20 at Kings. I managed to have a water birth so didn't need the pool in a box in the end Emma after all, but thanks for the offer. We are all well and happy, and majorly sleep deprived - Arthur won't stop feeding! Will hopefully catch up with you all soon,

Fran xx

Congrats to all the births so far! I have 4 weeks to go so madly trying to finish the renovations on our flat hence the reason for missing all of the meet ups at the Plough :(

I have some time during the week though and wanted to see if anyone was up for a coffee next week? Let me know and we can make a meeting time...

Kellie

Hi Cath,

There's a meeting this Saturday at the Plough around 2pm-5pm ish which I hope to make although have missed most so far (it's fortnightly) but there are usually around 10 pregnant women in the pub so you can't miss them!

Hello everyone,

Congrats to the new mums. My little Rory is now 1 month and we are ready to meet the new arrivals and obviously all the mums to be.

Was wondering if someone is up to meet next thursday afternoon somewhere in East Dulwich?

erika

Hi,

For those interested in meeting second time mums (see previous post) - a small group of us are meeting at Green and Blue TONIGHT from 8pm (Lordship Lane - ED).

Please join us if you can - apologies for the short notice but the email list is growing so let me know if you want to be added to this second time mum-list and will organise another evening / afternoon soon.

Please PM me your email address and telephone number?

Thanks,

Kate

Congratulations Rachael (sydneyswan), first girl in the group!

Hope everything is going well.

I'm booked for induction on 27th July (38+2), its unlikely I'll make anymore of the saturday meet-ups (I only made one so far!) due to house renovations, moving back in and the very full social life of my 5 yr old daughter (alas not mine!).

But look forward to meeting some of you over the summer maybe, for (sunny?) walks through the park and coffee.

Goood luck to all xx

Congratulations Rachael (sydneyswan), first girl in the group!

Hope everything is going well.

I'm booked for induction on 27th July (38+2), its unlikely I'll make anymore of the saturday meet-ups (I only made one so far!) due to house renovations, moving back in and the very full social life of my 5 yr old daughter (alas not mine!).

But look forward to meeting some of you over the summer maybe, for (sunny?) walks through the park and coffee.

Goood luck to all xx

Hello everyone,

Congratulations on the new arrivals and best of luck for those waiting on theirs.

Unfortunately I've only been a virtual member of this group as I was housebound by severe SPD in my last trimester, so haven't been able to make any meet ups. However, my little girl is now 5 weeks old and I'm thankfully regaining my mobility and I'd love to meet up with other new mums, especially those with babies around the same age. Erika, it would be lovely to meet with you and any others who have had a bit of a head start. Just thinking we might be more available in the coming weeks than those expecting their new arrivals!

Anyone else interested? I'll still try and make the next meet up with baby in tow.

Dervla x

Hello everyone,

Congratulations Rachael!

Erika & everyone else, Toby & I are up for meeting up on Thursday afternoon in ED!

As there is likely to be a few of us, shall we say the bishop as there is plenty of room in there during week days?

Look forward to seeing everyone & meeting the new arrivals as well as those bumps!

Julia xxxx

Congratulations to all mums and new babies! How exciting and lovely, am so glad everyone is doing well. I'm REALLY enjoying not being at work anymore, though can't believe it's possible to be this HUGE and still get around.

I'd love to join in this Thursday - what sort of time are people thinking?

Julie xx

Hello all. Baby Hugh arrived on Monday and we're besotted - happily so is his big sister (if little brothers are good enough for Peppa Pig...)

I had a caesarean so not too mobile just yet but looking forward to meeting up with others soon.

Vicky x

Hi all,

Just thought I'd let you know that Sophia was born on Friday morning, two weeks early. Oh my, how I could never have prepared myself enough for this!!! Once we have settled in a bit, we will start frequenting the Plough again!

Kristinax

hey everyone!

congratz on your new bundles! im actually from the winter babies club 2012 (my daughter was born in feb!)but thought i should post here if im allowed? just started my own bussiness and am selling brand new BOOB nursing tops just thought you ladies might be interested? as a new mum i can deffinitly reccomend have atleast one good nursing top, im sure for the ladies who have just given birth can agree! my little one was feeding everyhalf hour at one point lol!

im selling them for half price and have a long sleeve top, v neck tee shirt and a sleeveless nursing top from the new collection

:) my normal name on here is nabz feel free to pm! im just on the stage of weaning my little one! gosh time goes so quickly enjoy it while there this small!

nabz x Breast Feeding Essentials x