Dog poo on Henslowe Road

Cityjules

To the dog walkers on Henslowe Road a plea....

If your dog poos on the road or the pavement, please please clear it up and put it in the bin.

Henslowe Road seems to have become an obstacle course dodging different shapes, sizes and colours of dog faeces. It's disgusting and quite frankly annoying, not to mention a health hazard.

Thank you.

Maybe. I'm just not sure what a councillor can do.

There are sprayed signs all over the pavement saying 'Bag it & Bin It'.

At the end of the day, we all have to be responsible for our streets and that means clearing up our dogs poo. It's the main reason why I haven't got a dog, can't handle the smell of the poo!!

HAVE THIS POO PROBLEM ON MARMORA ROAD TOO! I do pick it up sometimes if its near my gate! but if you have a dog then you must do your duty as a good dog ownwer! It only takes secounds to pick up but a life time of damage to a child if gets in their eyes.

Has anybody else suffered the persistent and insidious dropping of turds (which I hope are canine in origin...) right outside their gates, day after day?

I'm starting to get paranoid here in Oakhurst Grove that I'm getting faecal revenge for some minor misdemeanour of yore (perhaps involving the erroneous commandeering of a wheelie bin? Or worse?) I'm rapidly losing zeal for having to hose the buggy's wheels down after the second time in a week... Is it illegal to Taser a straining dog/owner as the pooch is mid-poo?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Susierose

I am a Marmora Road resident and also sick of the dog poo, there is a staffy that is often not on the lead, it pood in my front garden once, I'm sure the owners were aware but just carried on walking by, I had to clean it up. Are you also sick of the bins on the pavement, that is my pet hate at the moment, hate the fact that I am beginning to sound like Victor Meldrew!

Oh glad I'e found this thread - I've just started one in the lounge offering ?10,000 for the invention of a device which would detonate shitting dogs and and an extra 10K for a machine which would cause the shit to materialise instantly in the living room of the owner. Hopefully on the sofa.

GrumpyGranny Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I am a puppy owner & ALWAYS pick up doggy poo (2

> sandwich bags one inside the other) - it's not

> that hard. Come on, dog owners!!

The hard ones are way easier to pick up. More fibre in his/her diet methinks

It's been said many times before, but since dogs defecate up to four times a day all you need is one rogue owner and the surrounding streets will quite quickly get filled with turds, giving the impression that there are lots of lazy owners about.

ED is not overwhelmed with dog owners that do not pick up, the vast majority do.

Perhaps the offlead Staffy needs tracing to the owner and a quiet word might be in order. Dogs offlead on our streets are a bad thing; the type of owner who can't even be bothered to put their dog on a lead may also be too lazy to pick up.

Mike_B Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> That's why I'm a cat person :)

Sadly cats (or perhaps their owners) cannot assume entitlement to a place atop a pedestal on this one. I am forever removing cat turds from my flower beds. I accept that a dog owner may (I cannot speak from experience as I don't own either) have more control over where their dog craps and what happens to the dog's egg afterwards.