Recommended Painter and Decorator - RGR Decorating

paulturner

• 2 weeks later...
Raydel also redecorated our bedroom and did a fantastic job. He rewired it, fixed the damaged walls, planed the door, and put in a huge amount of effort removing nicotine stains. The before and after photos speak for themselves, but more than that he was quick, hardworking, tidy and respectful of our space. We're definitely getting RGR Decorating back for more work!

• 4 weeks later...

I also had some work done by Raydel and I defenetly recomend him, on time and he did a clean job with no trouble.

I will call him again soon for another job that I have pending.

Thank you Raydel

• 1 month later...
We've had Raydel doing jobs for us since last October including painting inside and out, reprinting, plastereing, damp work, filters, extract and then general jobs like hanging pictures, mending of minor irritations and lots more I am sure. He's brilliantly reliable, works in a very tidy fashion, completely trustworthy ( he has had our keys, alarm code and made friends with our dog over the past few months) and always on time and working to schedule. Mi don't hesitate to recommend him and am happy to be contacted directly if anyone would like more information. A true jack of all trades but in our experience, also the master of them all!

We've had Raydel doing jobs for us since last October including painting inside and out, reprinting, plastereing, damp work, filters, extract and then general jobs like hanging pictures, mending of minor irritations and lots more I am sure. He's brilliantly reliable, works in a very tidy fashion, completely trustworthy ( he has had our keys, alarm code and made friends with our dog over the past few months) and always on time and working to schedule. Mi don't hesitate to recommend him and am happy to be contacted directly if anyone would like more information. A true jack of all trades but in our experience, also the master of them all!

Hi people and thanks for the recommendations. For anyone reading these recommendations, the post above has been cheekily added to my thread of recommendations by another decorator and the number to call for RGR Decorating is 07739 902860 should you require a quote. Thanks very much.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I just wanted to add to this thread, as I have just had RGR (Raydel) booked in over this last month to do wallpapering, painting and tiling. I'm really pleased with the high standard of work and would not hesitate in recommending his work.

I found Raydel to be a great communicator (really rare with tradespeople these days!!). Honest and trustworthy (I left him with keys and he safely locked up). He also went about his work in a highly respectable manner. (Always tidied his things up and was very polite and prompt).

Thanks Raydel, you are ace and our home looks wonderful.

K&K (East Dulwich).

• 2 months later...
We had Raydel round to paint our hallway last month and was very impressed. He's very good at his job, very clean and tidy and there was no mess left at the end of the day. Also Jennifer was very professional and I was impressed with the correspondence by email and post. I would highly recommend them.

• 2 months later...
Raydel did a great job at our Georgian house - a great job and he and Jennifer were great to deal with, dealing with several challenges thrown up by a very old house cheerfully, finished on time and always tidy and prompt. Will certainly be using RGR again - would highly recommend. Prices also reasonable.

• 3 months later...
Just to add another recommendation for Raydel at RGR Decorating. Has just finished decorating our double reception room and main bedroom. Have now booked him to do other rooms in the house and already for spring time to do the outside masonry and woodwork of our house. Really reasonable rates and just a conscientious, decent and reliable guy. Fully recommend. thanks, Tracey

• 2 months later...

I'd like to add another recommendation for Raydel, he's just spent two weeks decorating my through lounge and hallway in a crumbly old Victorian house, and has done a lovely job. He turned up on time every morning and just got on with the work, worked hard, and was polite and conscientious.

His quote for the work was also very reasonable.

Another plus point for me was he didn't moan about using Farrow & Ball paint, unlike some other decorators who I'd had to quote for the work who flatly refused to use it. The results are beautiful, thank you Raydel.

• 2 months later...
I arranged for my flat to be re-decorated by Raydel over the summer. Although this work has had to be postponed, I'd like to comment on how easy it has been to work with Raydel and Jennifer so far. The quote came through on email quickly and any queries were dealt with promptly and professionally (unlike some other decorators who quoted and were unwilling to write down exactly what the quoted price was for!). Raydel also provided me with two telephone references. I am looking forward to working with Raydel in the future.

• 4 weeks later...

We have asked Raydel to do bits and pieces around our house for the last two years, mainly repairs to gutters, shower tiles and so on. Each time the work was done to a very high standard with a lot of attention to detail.

Based on our previous positive experience, we hired Raydel to paint the windows, frames and masonry surrounds of all our recently installed double glazing units. We are absolutely delighted with the standard of work, and of Raydel?s willingness to doing just that little bit extra that makes all the difference to customers, at least ones like us. We shall soon start redecorating our living and dining rooms and Raydel has already been warned that we'll be asking for a quotation. Not only is he an excellent decorator, his quotes are also very competitive; what more could you ask for!

• 2 months later...

I am afraid we've just had a very disappointing experience with Raydel. Having paid him a ?570 deposit to decorate our bedroom, hall, stairs and landing Raydel spent less than 2 days here in over a week, staying for just a couple of hours at time and then disappearing without saying a word. He didn't show at all on one day and on two occasions he left when I was out so the house, again unannouced, leaving the house unlocked.

A week in he left saying he was taking his helper on to another job and didn't return. When I telephoned and texted he failed to reply only coming back by text a day later, after I contacted his wife to ask what was happening, to say he wasn't returning and not to contact him again. He wouldn't return any of the deposit.

At the point he left only a small area of newly plastered landing and one coat of the bedroom ceiling, windows and cupboards had been completed so we essentially spent almost ?600 on a room that was less than a third completed. He also made a reall mess of our cornicing, using a kitchen knofe to remove paint glupes and damaging plaster in the process.

We've managed to find a good and reliable decorator at short notice to complete the work but at ?150 a day, it's basically cost us more than a ?1,000 just to decorate one room.

It's also cost us a lot in terms of personal upheaval and upset. We had to move furniture and decamp with a 7 month old baby which means we've had an unusable bedroom for almost 5 weeks now.

I can only imagine this is an aberration given these reviews but it's left a bitter taste. We're renovating our house and have had scores of excellent tradespeople here over the last few months, many of whom came highly recommended via the EDF. Raydel is the only one who has let us down!

Archived