Cash left in ATM

undergran

If you - or someone you know - left cash in an ATM this morning in Lordship Lane, the cash and the withdrawal slip will be returned to the bank where it was withdrawn on Monday morning. The bank will be able to identify the customer and the cash can be returned to the account. I hope no one has had a spoiled weekend because of this.

Actually in a civilised society this should be the norm so it feels weird to say well done for not stealing. I think the op would probably agree as his or her immediate instinct was to do the only possible right thing. well done for stating you will hand it in on Monday however. There are far too many of these posts on edf where the finder pretends probably to himself or herself more than anyone else that he or she is being honest by posting on the forum, thereby "entitling" him or her to think that the due diligence has been done and that he or she can "fail to return" the cash the following Monday.

So I guess that, ultimately, I too say "well done" OP!

I'd heard the same, Sophiesofa, but having had someone alert me to the cash I'd left in the machine, and been the person alerting someone else, it obviously stays hanging out long enough to make someone else's day.

Undergran: I'm sure whoever walked away from the machine will have a warm memory of this weekend finding they haven't lost that money after all. Glad it was you that found it :-)

Quick question ... How do we know the withdrawal slip belongs to the person who left the cash behind?

I normally request an on-screen balance only, and if the forgetful person did the same then its possible the last slip belonged to someone completely different.

Just a thought ...