Petition to Revoke Article 50

nxjen

It's the only logical solution - if the system is broken you revert it back to the last known point it was working and then try again. May however has never been one for logic.

Whatever happens now, the Brixiteers have comprehensively screwed the entire thing. No Deal will be catastrophically bad. Revoking Article 50 will have the (admittedly quite entertaining) effect of sending the Brexiteers and the Daily mail into apoplexy but either way, our days of special treatment from the EU (having our own currency, numerous opt-outs) are long gone, the UK is now a global laughing stock.

Imagine the good that could have been done over the last 3 years if all the time, effort and money spent on this farce had gone into education, transport, communities, the NHS....

"Brexiteers and remaineder MPs house of lords bercow have all fcuked it up"

Given the contradictions amongst leave voters, it was predestined to fail. How it has failed reflects May's personality - but it was always doomed to arrive at this point

exdulwicher Wrote:

-----------------------------------

>

> Imagine the good that could have been done over

> the last 3 years if all the time, effort and money

> spent on this farce had gone into education,

> transport, communities, the NHS....

Yep.

Sue Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> exdulwicher Wrote:

> -----------------------------------

> >

> > Imagine the good that could have been done over

> > the last 3 years if all the time, effort and

> money

> > spent on this farce had gone into education,

> > transport, communities, the NHS....

>

>

> Yep.

Double Yep.

Captain Marvel Wrote:

> 2.5m. I'd have thought many more than that by now.

> My entirely unscientific study tells me that Leave

> would win again

I fear it would too.

Because all this time on, people still don't seem to realise what it will actually mean in practice, and how it will affect them and their families.

ETA: Mainly because nobody has told them. Still. So far as I can see.

Sue I agree with you. Media has concentrated on hard borders/mp's etc, but I've yet to see a good analysis of what no deal, or theresa's deal would actually mean on an economic level. I'm not sure anyone knows therefore won't commit to the analysis.

Whoever wins a 'People's Vote' we would still be in a better place than we are now. The question put in such a vote has to be for concrete choices. Either the Status Quo or a defined deal, the WA or, depending on the timing of a referendum, a new agreement drawn up in 'extra time' (allowing, among other things, for Citizens Assemblies as in Ireland prior to the abortion vote). The massive problem so far is that we've all been wallowing around in some kind of amorphous political soup with the definition of what constitutes 'Leave' never properly defined, understood and agreed upon. I'd be sad if a well thought through 'Leave' option won, I firmly believe we'd be turning our back on massive benefits, but it would be infinitely better than the damaging muddle we're in at the moment.

...and of course I still think 'revoke' is the best option.

Campaigning both for a People's Vote and Revoke is now the wisest course. And the march on Saturday will be full of people with preferences for one or the other - their aims are not mutually exclusive.

Farage claiming on Sky News it's full of Russian signatures (he has a cheek).

Adonis disagrees of course.

You can still only compare like with like and a leave petition for no deal got about 400K - a leave petition hijacked by remain just after the referendum on a new referendum if less than a certain % voted got 4 million.

robbin Wrote:

> Just about another 15 million to go...

I detect your sardonic sense of humour at work here. Because I'm sure you know it's not sensible to compare apples with oranges, and that you understand the wider lobbying value of such a well-supported petition at a time when the most important thing is to focus MP's minds on the fact that there are many and varied options out there, that the public is aware of this, that it's their duty to start considering all the potential paths forward. They need to disabuse themselves of the quaint notion that Teresa May has all the answers (or indeed any answers).

Yes, Jenny - you were right, it was indeed a joke.

As I assume this was?

"They need to disabuse themselves of the quaint notion that Teresa May has all the answers (or indeed any answers)."

(Given that there's hardly any living breathing person in Westminster that thinks May has ANY of the answers!)