Back to Wood - Floor Sanding

arthurthecat

• 4 months later...
We'd definitely echo all the recommendations for Steve and Nicola. They started when they said they would, finished on time, kept calm and reassured us when we had a brief panic about the finish we'd chosen, and left us with a beautifully finished job. We're very pleased with the result.

• 2 months later...

Morning,

Considering getting the floorboards done in a number of rooms in our house but wanted to get a sense of the cost for this with any of the companies recommended here so I can go into the process with my eyes open.

Can anyone shed some light / give a ballpark estimate?

Thanks

DK

• 4 months later...

Back to wood sounded great, but unfortunately not taking any work for 4+months. Instead I used http://www.floorsandingandrestoration.com (via a recommendation on this forum).

They couldn't have been better. Visited at a time convenient to me, quote within 24 hours and started 2 weeks later. Did a great job: floor boards have been transformed, they left the place nice and tidy, and were more than happy to a four weeks later to touch up an area round the hearth. Great service.

• 3 months later...

I did the opposite to sjn9; after reading the reviews on here and getting three estimates,I paid a small (10%) deposit and booked ahead with 'Back To Wood'. It was SO worth the wait!

I live in what I guess is a fairly typical South London, Victorian conversion flat. Steve and Nikki's task was to refurbish one (kitchen) floor first sanded many years ago and, in three other rooms, to rescue original wooden floors dating back to the 1870's and badly-abused by the cowboy 'builders' who did the conversion in the 1970's. Up came hardboard sheeting, underlay (much of it now crumbled almost to dust) and ancient carpet to reveal part-painted boards that, to me, looked completely irretrievable. Two weeks later, after painstaking repairs and careful re-sanding and staining, those same boards are the best feature in what (though I say it myself) is a really nice space. Forget the high ceilings and fancy cornices; the floors are what take the eye and the flat is transformed. This was an expert job done by people who really understand, care about and enjoy what they do. (And though the job was more demanding than expected, Steve and Nikki still managed to complete it on time and for the agreed price.)

I think I'm right in saying that their waiting-list is now a good deal shorter than the four months I waited - but believe me, Back to Wood are well worth waiting for. If you want an estimate, Steve's mobile number is 07949-411650

• 4 years later...
Steve and Nichola from Back to Wood have just left our house after spending the week sanding and finishing four of our rooms, and I wanted to leave a delighted review and recommendation! Back to Wood are professional and they take pride in their work. When they arrived our floors were a right state (original 1895 victorian house - never been done). Back to Wood took up the old carpet and grippers and did necessary repairs carefully and thoughtfully (for example sourcing matching old floorboards to replace ones that wouldn't match when done). The finished floors look absolutely awesome, we couldn't be happier. Also, we work from home, and they kept disruption to a minimum by sealing themselves and any dust in the room they were focusing on and letting us know when the noisiest parts would be so we could work around it. It actually was significantly less disruptive than I feared. The cost was really reasonable. All in all really lovely people who have done a really great job. Attached before and after photos of one of the rooms so you can see. Contact email [email protected] and mobile 07949 411650.

• 1 year later...

I would like to add another glowing review for Steve and Nichola from Back to Wood floors.

They were so kind and professional throughout the whole process, being super helpful with stain options for our floors and even helped us move some furniture from one room to another in the process. We were super thankful for it. The transformation for the floor is second to none. Looks like new! Steve and Nichola have given a new lease of life to some old and knackered floors and we are incredibly thankful for it.

If you need to contact them please do so on [email protected] and mobile 07949 411650.

IMG20221116121404.jpg.7e98476bc3068acf67b126ff0b28f06d.jpg

Sitting room

IMG20221108000226.thumb.jpg.5dba9b63c392216ea1066c4f9cdc08b7.jpg

Back room

• 4 months later...

A strong recommendation for Back to Wood for anyone needing wooden floors sanded. Steve responded promptly to our request for a quote, gave a fair price, and most importantly the results look fantastic. I thought we would need to replace our battered lounge and kitchen floor, some of which was badly damaged, but it now looks like new. Also left everything very clean considering how inherently messy the task is. Highly recommended. Their website is https://www.back-to-wood.com

Steve and Nicola of Back to Wood have just done some work on our floors in our new house, after we used them a few years ago at our old place. Another excellent job done by them on original floorboards, superb finish and attention to detail in every aspect. They also left the house very clean. Would highly recommend them. Steve’s number is 07949 411650.

• 2 weeks later...

We've just had Steve and Nicola back to do another room in our house. They are two of the nicest, cleanest and most professional people we have had work on our house. They arrived early, unpacked prepped and got to work straight away. Bringing back our 140 year old floorboards with great care and skill.

The finish is amazing and we will of course be getting them back again when the next room is ready! 

• 3 months later...

Wowzer, you should see how beautiful our floors are after Steve and Nicola got to work. 
We had old burn marks, loose boards and mismatched grains, they nailed the brief and gave them a whole new life. 

More than happy to recommend Back to Wood, 07949 411650.
Friendly, reliable, skilled. 
Claire