FREE! Pre & Post natal low impact fitness, Start @ 9-30am - caf? on the Rye

Project London Health have had a few requests to set up a FREE Pre & Post natal Low Impact fitness group.

If this is of interest to you, let PLH know and we can get this set up for you. It will be based on the Rye using the caf? as the meeting and finishing point, followed by tea and coffee. Containing gentle stretching, power walking, arm and shoulder toning, whilst avoiding the lumbo-pelvic-hip area....

It could be once, twice or three times aweek - the group decides but will start mid week and introduce a Monday / Friday, or a spaced out Tue, Thurs & Sat for progression. The session will be only 20-min long so it is not too taxing.

Full details

Location? By the caf? on the Rye

When? Saturdays, meet for 9-20am

Start Time? 9-30am

What if I'm late?: We work to a set simple and easy routine, go the opposite way and you'll find us :-)

Partners, can they come? Yes, the 10am fitness group has a complete extended family who attend and with pushchair

Intensity? 20-mins, walking to power walking only. Nothing more than you would ordinarily do (but in a group)

Ahha... COST? FREE! Completely FREE! PLH is there for the 10am session, so doing another session just before is fine.

What do I need to do?

* Fill in a health form on www.AHM-Go.com, then email it back to [email protected]

* Bring a 1 Ltr bottle of water for arm & shoulder toning - this will be slow and gentle (unlike the 10am group)

* Bring some change for a tea / coffee at the end :-)

So its a social fitness group and FREE!

Its FREE, its Friendly, and its FUN...... so give it a go!

PLH

Pram, content and all are welcome!

This is a mild low impact session and short, with zero ab and transverse twisting..... no go areas.

Once the numbers continue to pick up, a start date will be set. The first one will be on a Saturday morning before the normal fitness group, and would be great for the partners to be involved too! The mums in the fitness group are back into pilates and I let them take part of the group at the end for the lumbo-pelvic-hip area.

PLH

Excellent responses!

Initially the plan to start was in a few weeks, perhaps a bit sooner now. What fits best with everyone, this coming Saturday or the following?

All you need is a bottle of water, 1-Ltr size for arm, shoulder and back toning, will do micro squats.

Please advise for a start date, this or next Sat?

PLH

Sats, we meet for 9-25am, then start at 9-30am and finish for 9-50am. We can then use 10-mins at the end to tweak the session which will be 100% input from you guys.

To get going, pop on to AHM-Go.com and fill in a health form, then ping it back to [email protected]

From the medical perspective, please ensure your GP / midwife know that you are find to Powerwalk and flex the arms no greater than above your shoulder height. There is no lumbo-pelvic-hip movements. These will contain everyday movements that you would ordinary undertake.

Will need a min of 8 to start the group this coming Saturday, so get the word out :-)

PLH

Thats fine Wiffwaff,

I've had a few that can't make this coming Saturday but can the next. Now I've seen the large response, I can start the group with say 5 or so. The sessions will follow the same routine so missing the 1st of 2nd session is fine.

If you have noticed the other PLH group on Saturday mornings that meet on the Rye for 10am (general fitness including post natal mums with the complete sign off from the midwife/GP), it started with just a hand full and are hitting numbers of over 20, and most recently 27. The fitness level of this group is varied from joggers to runners and down to powerwalkers....I remain at the back with the slowest ones.

PLH

The 'when to stop' (Pre natal) and 'when to start' (post natal) is based on how you feel and also input from your GP / Midwife.

This group will be different to others specifically in terms of duration, and areas of movement and toning. Its very short in duration, only 20-mins. Its similar if you are out in the park walking, but with a group of others; there is no running or jogging. If you feel stronger, then progress from a walk to a power walk.

The 10am group: this is aimed at those that want to power walk, jog or run. It lasts for an hour meeting for 10am, starting at 10-10am and finishing c. 11-10am. These guys (90% women) also use a 1Ltr bottle of water for arm toning but the intensity is elevated and contains a lot of transverse twists. Again, I run this group from the back so not even the powerwalker is left out or on their own. Every section is optional, so if you have a sore wrist / shoulder, then no dips. Think of the soft boot camp where everyone is smiling and have a chat...... this is that group.

Both groups are FREE, Fun & Friendly!