New Sweet Shop on Lordship Lane

If the premises were rent-free, guess what I bet sweet prices would be cheaper !

Bought some confection today, standard stuff, hard to get wrong.

If you can get sweets 49p cheaper (or whatever) got to the other place instead if you prefer.

Great shop for LL IMO.

The shoppe frontte is terriblye naffe, however as mentioned above it's a franchise so that's what it has to be.

Behind the signage is someone who's put in a load of work and wants to make a success of it - which is more important. Anyway there's no shortage of other proper eyesores in the area so not really worth getting in too much of a lather about this.

As long as they have my personal sugar tipple I will be in for that. And if they don't.. I'm gonna go nuclear.

Good luck to anyone starting a new business in a challenging climate. Regardless of my thoughts on the shop, I commend anyone taking a risk and wish them well. I?d rather have any well put together shop than an empty one. Also, the shop owner has shown keenness and smarts attempting to communicate with his new community, not everyone does that. I say welcome, good luck and fingers crossed for you.

It's funny that Sue's comment before was called trolling as I read her comment as such myself. VelvetBlueberry explained that she was not connected to the store, so your question was either an unnescessary (poor) joke, or it was a troll remark...

Does anyone have evidence linking VelvetBlueberry to the shop...?

It's like some people won't accept differing opinions. Surely they are old enough.

I look forward to visiting the shop myself. I am not much of a sweet eater, however, it might be nice to treat myself...

The previous thread was deleted and as I recall, she was asked what her connection to the shop was...

If your question was a joke Sue then I just thought it was silly given the thread history, however, if serious then I had to wonder if you were trying to derail this thread. You did write previously that you weren't going to give the shop your custom...

Trolling can vary in severity, and I thought yours was tame, however, VelvetBlueberry expressed that she disliked the previous accusation, so why try to wind her up? That's what I wondered.

I did not see all the previous thread before it was deleted.

My reasons on the other thread for not giving the shop my custom, if I said that which I can't remember, were because of posts by the owner early in the thread, which he subsequently deleted and which I have no intention of repeating here.

I am not a troll and was not trying to wind anybody up.

ETA: I have said above why I asked the question. It is one thing to effusively praise a new shop. It is another thing to write derogative comments about a shop next door to it selling similar products.

Sue Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> ETA: I have said above why I asked the question.

> It is one thing to effusively praise a new shop.

> It is another thing to write derogative comments

> about a shop next door to it selling similar

> products.

So you're allowed to call this new sweet shop a "hideous eyesore" but I'm not allowed to share my opinion on M&S'

hideously inedible spray-painted chocolate? Lol... Okay.

I don't know why you're so incapable of putting two & two together & realising I was making a personal preference as to where I'd want to go for an "overpriced" edible gift. Don't worry, M&S isn't going out of business. They recieve my custom every day & despite my oh so terrible opinion on their chocolate gifts, they do have nice cheap chocolates in there too.

Phew! At least someone here has some common sense... Thank you, Maybaby.

Apparently enthusiasm is a crime these days.

VelvetBlueberry Wrote:

> Sue Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > ETA: I have said above why I asked the

> question.

> > It is one thing to effusively praise a new

> shop.

> > It is another thing to write derogative

> comments

> > about a shop next door to it selling similar

> > products.

>

>

> So you're allowed to call this new sweet shop a

> "hideous eyesore" but I'm not allowed to share my

> opinion on M&S'

> hideously inedible spray-painted chocolate? Lol...

> Okay.

>

Eh?

Where have I called this shop a "hideous eyesore"?

ETA: oh yes, I did. I used the words "hideous" and "eyesore," In separate sentences in a totally unrelated thread in the lounge. But not as you have quoted me.

ETA: And I specifically said that I was saying it on that thread where hardly anybody would be likely to see it. But hey ho. I stand by my view. I just didn't want it made so public as you have just done, for obvious reasons. Thanks for that.

ETA: Let's just stop this now. I shall be more careful in future about posting my opinions on a local forum I've been using for nearly thirteen years.

Blah Blah Wrote:

> Yet more sanctimonious crap from Sue. She's been

> getting into infantile rows with people for

> thirteen years apparently.

Well well. The fragrant Blah Blah returns, right on cue :))

Funnily enough I was just thinking about you this morning :))

You really can't resist giving yourself away, can you? I'm collecting screenshots :)) :)) :))

ETA: If anybody new to the forum doesn't realise, you can click on people's name and see their past posts (at least, back to when the forum was reorganised by admin a while ago).

So you can click on my name and see how much sanctimonious crap I've posted.

Depending on your definitions of sanctimonious and crap, of course.

I'd reckon probably about 0.001% :))

The moderation of these forums is very sketchy. It's almost as if they favour this provocative behaviour (& I don't mean the type that has people so politically correct they can't handle an opinion that clashes with their own).

ANYHOO. Feel free to discontinue reading from this point if you're likely to get your knickers in a twist over a positive/enthusiastic comment :)

- I had my eye on the strawberries & cream gourmet popcorn, closest & most visible from the window, days before the shops official opening - it was totally worth the wait!

I'm also obsessed with violet anything so I was happy to see they had dark chocolate French Violet creams along with other flavours like English Rose (which I also love), lemon (tempted to get for my mum), mint (also tempting) & others that I can't remember off the top of my head.

...& Kola Kubes! They really take me back to my 90s childhood.

Why do the usual candidates have to take threads off topic time and again? Is nothing off bounds on this forum?

Keep it on track or don?t bother contributing. Narcissistic bickering with more me me me crap. Give it a rest.

Louisa.