bank charges

martin

To get this back on topic......

I've had no success using templates trying to get money back before the test case started. Lloyds has taken in excess of 300 quid from me in bank charges and i wrote them twice and never got an offer of settlement. Because I live out of the country I've been slow in mailing my reply to them. I'm going to try it once more and than take it to court since um I want my money.

I agree with the thought that it's down to poor money management on my behalf but on the other hand they should not be going into unauthorized overdraft....I find it odd that if I try and buy something and don't have the money for it, it'll go through anyway and I'll just be charged later. I'd rather just be denied at the time with 'insufficient funds'. Glad the post above got 90% of their money back though. Hopefully I'll be as lucky

Oh for gods? sake!

???? - You came out with an intentionally provocative and self satisfied post. That is fine but don?t expect to not get a reaction. I reacted by voicing my distaste.

I am not, do not consider myself to be and was not trying to be some kind of forum sheriff.

I am also not claiming anything from my bank and my financial situation is just fine thank you. Not that it is any of your business but you seem to ascribe some kind of value to it so there you go.

I do however have a strongly developed sense of fair play and therefore serious moral objections to the way the banking system operates. (and the legal system, government, most corporate structures, delivery of public services, foreign policy??)

Your post made you sound smug. Especially the way you tried to make out how happy you are that everyone else?s misery was paying for your free banking. That is ok but just as you are entitled to your opinion and to voice it, so am I.

Although I think I put this all a lot more eloquently the first time.

Now I know I should really just let this be as I think we are both flogging a dead horse now but I can?t help myself trying to get one last word in. Petty I know.

Well at least we may have provided some entertaining reading.

And for those who are actually busy making claims from your banks, I sincerely apologise for hijacking your thread.

SeanMacGabhann Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I hope Lizzy is reading this as I'm going to

> disagree with "the gang" and agree with ????'s

> basic point

>

Ok, ok Sean, point taken! lol! though to put my tupenceworth in:- my bank have just out of the blue and without my request or authority just increased my overdraft from ?1,400 to ?2,200! I phoned them up and said I didn't want it as I was trying to get my current overdraft down as it was and had managed to get it down slowly bit by bit on a monthly basis. I said this is just not right and seriously tempting people who have limited resources to overspend, they said apparently they had sent a letter to me saying I now qualified for that kind of huge overdraft (which I didn't receive) and that it was there and would only be triggered if I actually went over my current ?1,400 limit, which is disgusting, have written to Manager of Natwest to complain. I don't even have that much going into my account on a monthly basis!

• 1 year later...