Chandelier - a confused evening

char1ie

Not for me. I know my purpose in life but the poor Chandelier doesn't. Is it a restaurant? Is it a coffee place? Is it an upmarket tea and cake shop? Is it a bar? Is it a boudoir?

The poor thing hasn't got a clue. And nor did its five customers this evening. It needs to make its mind up. At the moment it must be a commercial disaster.

And the bored staff don't help.

Charlie

Really?! I liked it when we went, great place to have a coffee (which was good & better than the average ED offering) & the cakes were yummy. What makes you think it can't decide what kind of establishment it is? IMO, it knows what it is, primarily a tea room.

I also found the staff friendly without being overly false .... Maybe we went to two different places!!!!

It definitely beats the Blue Mountain, which is always over-run with people, push-chairs/kids & you can't move or hear yourself think whilst trying to have a cup of coffee in peace! In fact, one problem is the tables are just too close together. I notice that other branches are popping out elsewhere now, so it's turning into a chain (lol!!!!)

I think there is merit in both arguments above. I've been in a few times and generally had a good time - and I don't mind the fact that the place isn't easily categorised/stereotyped ;-)

I have seen it very busy - and a Wed night in January is no time to judge the commercial success of a place - most places along the Lane are fairly barren at the mo

But as discussed elsewhere, many people do need things to fit a normal category before they feel comfortable - and I have seen people look in the window and decide to go elsewhere - simply because they aren't sure what they are getting. Their loss in my opinion (not that I'm saying the place is perfect - but then ,where is?)

I went to the Chandelier to see what it was all about a couple of days ago but couldn't go in.

The menu on the door is so discreet and too small to read, and I looked in to see what was what and it looked like a childs playroom or a posh aunt's front room where I would have to sit too attention and not drop my aitches not like a restaurant or tea place. I was interested to see what kind of place sold ?12 sarnies but I felt that I was not suitably dressed, just too uncomfortable to enter.....