Revised new - M&S planning application to replace Iceland..

To be fair, if the resident wishes to make a comment in support this application they are entitled to do so, and I'm sure if you guys contacted them the same way with your thoughts the council would out them up there too (more than likely not immediately judging by recent slow progress with accessing the documents online).

Louisa.

They send a specific notice to the neighbours affected and they know who they are by name. Anyone else can also right in and their comments will be part of the official record but the planners know who they have to legally consult/ notify given proximity versus other parties.

Anyway, personal details are often redacted before being published.

Anyone living in the local area has a right to comment I don't have any issue with that. My interest was that I thought that it was one of the 124 who have had letters sent out, in that they had received theirs. Cannot understand why if letters were sent out on 7th they have nit yet arrived. Also if consultation began on 28 Jan why were letters not sent until 7th and why nothing up on website...... Just seems a slapdash approach to a proposed development that has been so contentious.

They send a specific notice to the neighbours affected and they know who they are by name. Anyone else can also write in and their comments will be part of the official record but the planners know who they have to legally consult/ notify given proximity versus other parties.

FWIW, the planning site provides a list of all the neighbouring properties consulted, so if anyone feels they should have been consulted, but have not received a letter, you should be able to cross check to the list. And as Londonmix has pointed out, anyone else is free to submit their views too.

Sometime today. Was in the postbox when I checked it tonight. It really contains very little of interest. Just informing of the application and asking for any comments by email. Single sheet of A4. No detail or plans etc. Only thing has different dates for beginning/ end of consultation. Will scan it in and post it on here if doesn't arrive tomorrow.

FFS. Surely if you are already on the forum you know the objection process and it's deadline.

Don't come on here saying your letter is late if you already know all about your right to object through the EDF/James Barber.

The letter helps but if you already know your means of objection don't come on here complaining.

Mick Mac Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> FFS. Surely if you are already on the forum you

> know the objection process and it's deadline.

>

>

> Don't come on here saying your letter is late if

> you already know all about your right to object

> through the EDF/James Barber.

>

> The letter helps but if you already know your

> means of objection don't come on here complaining.

You're out of order. A process needs to be followed. People on here commenting on process not being followed, and people entirely correct in posting about that. Already different dates are mentioned. And for your info MM, Barber is NOT a formal proper means or mechanism to object or comment on planning applications.

KC Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> When did it arrive? We still haven't received a

> letter (on Chesterfield Grove)two weeks in to the

> planning process.

Have you received yours yet? ours came with yesterdays' post.

Interesting... the consultation period on the letter ends on the 2nd March yet the website advises the 5th March. Which is it?

MM I'm surprised at your attitude and disappointed. No one was complaining about the objection in the context you mean, it's the notification process which is wrong. The EDF, as you well know, is NOT an official means of communication set up by the council. Just because a few people happen to come on here and discuss a few local issues not everyone in the community is involved.

In this instance the council are being slow in following their own procedures which is worrying some people.

I'm sure if it was your good self involved in this whole marlarky your thoughts would be very different.

Let's not forget that detail was also late going up on the council website. It is impossible to comment in an application without the detail. The council has wittingly or unwittingly failed to adhere to process and put locals who might object at a disadvantage......this might be read as weighing the process in favour of the developer.

I think in general, this third application seems not to have attracted the same scrutiny and involvement as the first one which was removed by the applicant and the second which was rejected by the authorities. To be fair, I think there is some Iceland/M&S/Waitrose apathy on this forum too. It's like we are going around in circles as a few people have rightly pointed out, and the freeholder is pretty much running through an almost identical proposal and not budging much. I feel sorry for those on Chesterfield most of all, because all the negatives aspects will affect you most and yet everyone else is now just sick of the whole thing, and just want a answer either way.

Louisa.