Great plumber

Hello

My recommendation was indeed that of a first time poster (but long-term user of the forum). John did ask I recommend him to friends and on the forum which is where I found him initially. Please PM me if you'd like me to verify or take oath/polygraph/sodium pentothal.

Dave

Thanks for the offer dave but you don't get it do you? Perhaps if I use an example it will help. Recently a newly opened establishment had a thread created where it was subsequently found out that many of the different posts recommending the place were indeed fake (unlike here). If you were to have used the place and found it to be crap you might just be a bit peed off with all those who recommended it to you. Being able to distinguish between real and fake posts is important and frankly if I hadn't asked the question here there may still have been doubt in some readers minds.

The fact is I've actually asked John to consider doing a job for me, though I haven't had a reply yet. I certainly wouldn't have asked him simply based on the first few posts on the thread.

Yet another vote for John Powers - this morning my boiler was broken and gushing water. By 3pm John had been round, gone to get necessary parts and fixed it all up and it's working perfectly now. Six months ago I had to have the gas check done and had been told by another plumber of Goldstar Plumbing that the whole boiler would need replacing. Don't have anything to do with them - it was a scam, I didn't need a new boiler and John did the necessary replacements quickly and for a good price. He's got a friendly, professional attitude, gets the work done to a high standard and one of the few plumbers I've met who I trust! I'd recommend him to anyone.

Ryeman - this is John Powers I am sorry that you have not been left satisfied with my work, it is certainly not my intention to leave any of my customers unhappy. Could you please contact me so that we can discuss this further (07977909339). Thanks John

I have also just used John based upon all of the positive edf feedback. I only needed to get a tap fixed, but within 24 hours John had been round, summarised all of the options available, and had the part to do the job there and then. Super efficient, super friendly and very reasonable. I will definitely use John again.

In my v.recent experience John is top notch, he fitted a new gas hob for me and was very thorough, fast,friendly and professional. I should also mention he was punctual on both visits. I'm confident he will complete his jobs to a high standard so I am surprised by the precvious post ( no offence - it would be good to hear how your job concludes Ryeman .)

I was a first-time poster who recommended John. I have used the EDF sporadically over the years to find recommendations, but otherwise have no real interest in regularly posting on a forum.

This was the first time I felt the service I found out about via EDF warranted posting some feedback because it was unusually good service, rather than merely adequate.

John has been extremely helpful helping me with some water and gas problems, and unlike many plumbers I've used in the past he does not charge ridiculous call out fees.

Again, if anyone wants to check the veracity of my recommendation feel free to send me a private message.

I am not a regular user of the forum either, but wanted to post a good word for John after he did two excellent jobs for me this spring. It's hard to praise him without sounding too over the top, but he really is lovely and deserves all these recommendations, which I am positive are all genuine.

Ryeman Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I'm afraid my experience of John Power's services

> has been mixed. There have been too many late

> shows, no shows and unfinished work.

Did you bring this up with John at the time? If you had, I am sure he would have resolved the problem.

I have posted positive feedback about John - it is an absolute pleasure to have some-one who knows his boilers as well as he does, charges reasonable rates, won't involve you in the expense of spare parts unless absolutely necessary,will come out late at night and who is so friendly and courteous on top of all that. A rare gem!

OK. Got to add my recommendation for John, I got hold of him yesterday (i.e. sunday) and he contacted me straight back. He came round today and diagnosed a problem we had with a leak, solved the problem, charged a very reasonable rate and had a look at another problem we were having. A very decent, personable, reasonable and efficient service. Loathed to recommend him too highly because he will be a very busy plumber soon. But am very pleased to have made contact with him.

After recommendations from edf I decided to give him a go. I needed new taps fixing in the bathroom and a gas safety certificate. He came round quickly and when we agreed. He was incredibly pleasant, quick and very reasonably priced. I forgot to get a receipt so texted him and immediately got an email through of the invoice. If you need a plumber, John's your man!

Just to add another vote for John Powers. He came and fixed my toilet - a small job but much needed! He was reasonably priced, a really nice friendly guy and very helpful. He was running a bit late but texted in plenty of time to warn me, plus was finished quickly and didn't leave a mess. Would definitely use him again

Ditto all of the positive posts above. We've just moved to a new house that had a rather tricksy thing going on with the boiler/gas supply. John came out of his way to see us at very short notice and ended up saving us literally hundreds of pounds (we'd had a quote and 'advice' from another source).

So pleased with the service he provided - we're definitely using him for all future boiler requirements plus installation of our underfloor heating.

To save people going back to the start of the thread, his number is 07977 909339.

Based on the comments here, I had John come yesterday to repair our boiler

which was leaking quite bad. He got the job done in less then 2 Hours replacing several key components which had failed.The boiler is now working great. John provided a great service at a competitive price. I will definitely use him again.

• 2 weeks later...
I can highly recommend John Powers, as per previous posts. I can't praise him enough - he is knowledgeable, friendly and very reasonably priced. He managed to fix my ancient Ariston boiler very quickly and if the need should arise again in the future, I will definitely use him, without hesitation.

John Power recently fitted a new boiler in my flat. He provided lots of honest advice on the different types of boilers available, rather than trying to sell me the most expensive. He offered plenty of cost options too. I'm very happy with my boiler and would fully recommend him.