Oakwood Midwives

Tea

Hi,

I am 6 weeks pregnant and have been offered the option of Oakwood Midwives by Forest Hill Practice.

I was hoping that forum members could provide reviews to help us make a decision.

Many thanks.

Absolutely incredible. Quite frankly I doubt any amount of money could provide a better service. I had a personal midwife in the same room as me for more than 24 hours. The care beforehand is also exceptional - home visits where there was loads of time to ask questions. When I became anxious towards the end of my Pregnancy they organised a meeting with a kings consultant within 24 hours. They administered two sweeps at my own home....In short, they went over and above the call of duty every step Of the way.

Being able to meet and know the midwives over a period of time is an extraordinary opportunity.... Grab the space with both hands before someone on the long waiting list does!

Echo all of the above, extraordinary care that I never thought I would be lucky enough to receive. We put off moving after our first baby just so I could ensure I had Oakwood for my second. I had a difficult pregnancy second time round, and they could not have been more supportive.

Oakwood have been my midwives for both of my pregnancies and they were absolutely amazing, all of my friends outside of ED presumed I had private midwives based on the quality of care we received, we felt really lucky to have them, go for it you'll be in very safe capable hands, good luck! :-)

I had a horrible experience at kings with my first child, then had oakwood for my second and third. Completely difference experience!!! they are all just wonderful and I considered myself incredibly lucky to have them.

You really can't be in better hands! Good luck!

• 1 month later...
Hello, I was trying to find a number for the Oakwood Midwives, I've found one on Google, but it only seems to go to an answerphone and I'd really like to talk to them about looking after my wife? if any of you can help at all, it would be very much appreciated? Many thanks. Dave.

Oakwood are amazing, me and my wife were very lucky to have been referred to them. Linda was so supportive, knowledgeable and a fantastic sense of humor, most amazing moment of my life my baby girl Lettie being born and could not have asked for a more wonderful and supportive person to be there for both Lucy and me. Jaquie and Emily were part of the group, again amazing women very supportive. I hope to see them for our next child...

I wish I had Linda, she sounds wonderful. Mine was 7 years ago and I had two(won't name names!) who were good and knowledgable and always visited but it was hard to form a close bond with them. They just seemed a little distant? I think being young and pregnant i just wanted someone to comfort me and be motherly and i suppose not everyone is like that.

anyway it is an amazing service to have.