Group of teenage boys & girls near East Dulwich station & up towards Dog Kennel Hill (Lounged)

supermum

I got regularly caned in both senses of the word at school. The one was normally a direct result of the other.

We got hit with all sorts of stuff. A proper cane across the arse if you were being formally disciplined (anything up to 6 times. They weren?t allowed to hit you more than that in one go) but there were various other ad hoc beatings dished out. The standard was a ruler across the palm but the industrial arts teacher regularly made liberal with the old 2 by 4 and we had a particularly nasty PT teacher who favoured a cricket bat.

Asset Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> We got the belt in Scotland, a thick leather strap

> with frondy bits at the end for maximum pain,

> thwacked at full force across the palm.

> Thankfully I never got the belt as I never got

> caught!

I read that as "fondly" bits :-$

Spot on.

I remember sitting on those seats just to the left with an aussie friend who'd been travelling around the world for 6 months with the usual drug related pitfalls and fears that possession might entail, and she was finding the whole openness htere very hard to get her head around.

By the time we were really battered a couple of officers wandered in to chat to the staff and check all was well, and had the conversation right in front of us. This was all too much for Lisa, who stood up (just), offered her wrists together to be handcuffed and said too loudly in that classic aussie drawl:

"Arrest me officer, I've been a baaaaaaaad girl"

I know things are funnier when you're stoned, but I honestly didn't stop crying for about an hour!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• Hi all, I’m working on a project for my Fine Art MA which looks at whether the wild plants, flowers and weeds now growing in the streets and gardens of the old Friern Manor Farm Estate originated from when this area was a dairy farm in the mid-19th century - filled with meadows, pastures, fields and hedgerows. If you live, work or visit within the catchment area (see website link below for the area once occupied by the farm`), it would be amazing if you could take part in the 'citizen science' element of my project - which involves photographing and documenting the flora in this area. During this project, I’ve been discovering a lot of history of the area and I am developing a live digital archive to connect all this local information. If you have any local historical information that you think would be of interest, please message me. At a later stage in the project I would like to interview local residents so their stories can be preserved for future generations. I am also holding an exhibition on Sunday 14 July in the church hall of St Clement with St Peter in Friern Road (which is on the site of the old Friern Manor Farm) to document the results of the project and provide an insight into our local history. To find out more, please see my website (link below) or DM me. Thanks in advance for any help you can give. Best wishes  Sharon Neish https://www.howdoesourgardengrow.com/  
    • It was interesting looking back through the discussion a number of years, irrespective of your position the discussion appeared much better humoured than of late.  Perhaps a good time to reflect 
    • I spoke to one of the workmen last week and he said a couple more months...
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In