DVLA in ED

They do that every month - I got done some months ago and was on a business trip abroad and they were so inflexible. I pointed out to them that what they should be doing is doing something about the hundreds of unlicensed, untaxed, uninsured mini-cabs that tout around central london at night rather than clamping folks who forget to renew their tax disc!!

A 200 quid release fee and a further 82 pound fine is a nice little earner for them and an expensive lesson for me! ;-)

Profitable sledge-hammer to crush wrong nuts me thinks!

According to the guy at DVLA I spoke to they do not send reminders anymore - it's your responsibility to do tax discs it. Funny how that stopped at the same time they started clamping people!!!

Interesting that despite the extra vigilence on the wild, dangerous streets of East Dulwich you still get pestered by unlicensed cabs in the wee hours of the night in central London!!! ;-) Two more cars done on my street - lucky buggers - two weeks of not getting round to something is an expensive business nowadays and if you don't pay the fine in three days they lift your car and crush it - MOT and insurance or not!!

It's funny how many of these dangerous untaxed drivers seem to drive the smarter cars in the neighborhood!

Apparently they note down the date of expiry of cars on the street and return to the area if it is going to profitable!

You have been warned!!

In an ED street where parking is always a pain & at times actually impossible (any time after 20.00 it's next street at best, sometimes even further away!) So from this angle I really don't have a problem with fines for illegal cars & removal of dumped ones.

However the chaps doing so do sometimes behave with little or no Common Sense.

I am aware of a Mother receiving a ticket for double parking, while actually in the process of lifting her child out of the back seat!

Pay peanuts, get Monkeys. I guess.