ED to Streatham?

mlteenie

P13 easy - you are having a laugh - it takes nearly 45mins to get from Queens road Peckham to West Dulwich ! let alone Streatham. not sure if anyone one has noticed but there are no direct links from Peckham, Queens road, Nunhead etc into the promised land that is East Dulwich, Dulwich village or West Dulwich ! all require numerous changes or ridiculous, as is the case of the p13 trips around all the backstreets and a visit to Sainsburys ! All bus routes into the city lead through Peckham, Camberwell and the Walworth road, stopping every 30 secs to let some overweight or lazy div get on and travel 1 stop. One day they will come up with commuter buses and really do something about congestion and the environment. They want us to work but do mind us spending 1.5 hours crawling along various high streets joining in on everyone else's shopping trips. I can see it now Gordon Brown, Camero and the son of ming all visit china via a long haul multi stopper flight that takes 28 hours including 3 refuelling stops a stabbing and a change of planes along the way ....idiots all of them.

AllforNun Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

not sure if anyone one has noticed but there are no direct links from Peckham, Queens road, Nunhead etc into the promised land that is East Dulwich,

...er the train goes from Queen's Road to Peckham Rye then to East Dulwich in about 5 mins flat; and the 484 bus goes from Nunhead to East Dulwich in a pretty straight line over Rye common.....?

oh - there's also the 12 ...

but AFN you are right itsextremely tricky. I've had nightmare journeys trying to get to West Dulwich (for a chidlrens party - took 2 buses and a long walk with very small children), Old Kent Road (Livesey Museum, 2 buses), Greenwich (185 hell to Lewisham thn change, or 3 buses via Peckham or 1 bus and two trains), Clapham Junction 2 buses (including the notorious 37). I recently inherited a car and, unfortunately, it has transformed my travelling range. Extremely annoying as I'd really rather not use the car for local journeys ...

East / West travel is always hard all routes seem to assume that you're going to the centre.

bawdy-nan - I don't know where you live but assuming it's ED somewhere you appear to overcomplicate your bus journeys -I will do a lot to avoid changing on any journey

Old kent road is surely no more than one bus away - I live at the Plough end and get the 63 every day?

Greenwich - ditto one bus - walk down to Peckham and bus from there (could get a 12 down to peckham if pushed - still only 2 buses)

Clapham junction - one bus (37)

No question a car will ease most journeys - but everywhere local is perfectly do-able without hassle

I think BN is right about getting to the Livesey Museum. The no 63 hits the Old Kent road a long way away from the museum and as its a children's museum the only reason for going there is if you have some little ones in tow. It is too far to walk from where the 63 would drop you off.

Actually there are only 2 buses that go through Nunhead centre the 12 & the 78 - the 78 basically twins us with Shoreditch - you can get there in 35-40mins handy for a night out at Shoreditch House! Not sure where the 484 comes into things ? As for Queens road Peckham to ED by the time you walk to the QR station get the train and get off, you may as well just walk to ED - then you still have to get on the bleedin P13 to get too West Dulwich ! I have always wondered why they do not get those little electric 10 seaters for the daytimes so locals can nip around carbon free - ish and shop/bank with ease - most of Europe has these things. Our lot just seem to order bigger and bigger junk. I have actually stopped paying for the bendy buses. I read a report that said fare dodging had dropped since these buses were introduced, once i picked myself up and stopped laughing, i threw away my oyster card and now regulary travel into the Elephant and castle for free, absolutely wonderful. I donate all my would be spending money to buying great bread at the EDD ! yum yum

on here mlteenie?????

Start a thread called "Test post - please do NOT respond to this thread" and before you know it it will have 5 pages of responses, taking in everything from "why isn't 7/4 time used more often in rock music" to "I've lost my cat - again" via Louisa bemoaning that considering it's trying to be a cinema, Moo Too should show more B&W films