Where to watch the Olympic opening ceremony

Rosie_E_R

Hi all,

I'm super excited about the Olympics and was wondering if anyone knew where would be the best place to watch the Olympic's opening ceremony in East Dulwich? I would love to go to Hyde park but not sure if I can justify the cost (although quite tempted!!). Does anyone know if it will be shown in any of the pubs or even in the park perhaps on a big screen?

XXX

P.S. Love the idea of the Barry Road Race thing, but also want to know about the actual Olympic ceremony too.

It was possible to see some of the light show rehearsal tonight looking just to the left of Canary Wharf - if you can see CW you should be able to see the Opening Ceremony fireworks. One Tree Hill should be a good vantage point - with a thermos / bottle of something good.

LondonMix Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> DulwichFox Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Anywhere not showing it..

> >

> > Who Cares Who Wins. ?

> >

> > Fox.

>

>

> The people engaging in this thread. If it doesn't

> interest you, don't read or comment....

Not everyone wants to be constantly bombarded with Olympics..

I would like a couple of pints on a Friday night where I can enjoy without all the hype.

The Opening Ceremony is designed to outdo all others.

That is all that matters to Borris Johnson.

The Olympics should be about the Competition. The Athletes, The Games

Not Borris's and Seb. Coe's Egos.

I don't care how many Medals we win. Thats not important.

Being able to watch the Best athletes in the World is important.

and the Best Athletes getting the Medals. Who ever they are or where ever they come from.

Please do not tell me not to make comment .

Fox

No one mentioned anything about who was going to win, just that they were excited to watch the games and wanted to watch them with other members of the local community. No need for snide and off-topic comments to ruin the mood. Comment all you like but don't get annoyed if someone calls you out for making comments that are negative and unrelated.

Marmora Man Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> It was possible to see some of the light show

> rehearsal tonight looking just to the left of

> Canary Wharf - if you can see CW you should be

> able to see the Opening Ceremony fireworks. One

> Tree Hill should be a good vantage point - with a

> thermos / bottle of something good.

Where is One Tree hill ?

I'm an arch sceptic but I'm won over to the exuberant festival atmosphere that has broken out all over London with ravishing stuff everywhere you look - saw the Garden of Fire outside of the NT on Wednesday night and some magical light puppet in Trafalgar Square last night with free concerts, happenings and events breaking out all over the place. We will probably never experience anything quite like it ever again. I suspect though outside of London it's a case of to London the spoils once again.

I am so very proud to be mother to one of the thousands of volunteers who are performing tonight! My daughter is one of the local (King's College) nurses performing the NHS section of Danny Boyle's 'Isles of Wonder' narrative. Ellie and the other volunteers have practised their routines in their own time and at their own expense for months now in some atrocious weather conditions. Whatever anyone thinks of the Olympics, please raise a glass to the spirit of local pride and determination that some 15,000 Londoners have shown!

Thanks London Mix! No, not there tonight, but the volunteers were given two tickets to the dress rehearsals on Wed night, so I saw it then. I loved it and think Danny Boyle has done a fantastic job in developing the skill and confidence of ordinary people to create a fantastic event. It will have its critics of course, but I really hope most people enjoy all ( or at least some) of the ceremony...especially the NHS/Great Ormond Street session!!