Brexit has Officially become UK Law

DulwichFox

Captain Marvel Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> The three remaining Brits will be walking around

> in Hazmat suits next December, still arguing about

> Brexit

Don't - just heard that recording of a Chinese nurse on twitter saying the situations out of control

Then watched Pandemic on Netflix. I'm now scared.

It?s not just withholding. It?s the denial of the truth. Watching the chancellor this week leads me to believe he doesn?t understand. They aren?t withholding so much as completely oblivious.

People say remainers are stuck in 2016. But it?s the government/leavers/daily mail etc repeating the same old ?they need us more than we need them. Car manufacturers. It will all be great? from the last 4 years despite it being demonstrably untrue.

And of course come february it will be al ?see. Everything is fine? when we all know its a transition period with no deal looming against a self imposed December deadline

Geewhizz....this thread is going to be a hoot this year with the anti-brexit mob pouncing on any whiff of negative news so they can gleefully pin it on Brexit with a big dose of 'See...I told you they're all stupid'....

And why not? It's been such a winning strategy so far...

Because leavers couldnt be accused of the opposite - denying anything is to do with Brexit

All just a larf to some people innit. Just a larf

No amount of evidence or people telling them how it directly affects them, no amount of news from Ireland, no amount of the 3 other uk countries withholding consent from English government last week - none of it penetrates.

There is a reason, 4 years after the vote we still haven?t left left

There is a reason right wing leave parties are saying they must not disband and they must keep pressure on Johnson

Because anyone in power knows that going ahead with this, will destroy the country. You can take that as destroying the United Kingdom. Or you can take it as destroying England and the other nations economically m

But everyone with access or knowledge knows. It?s bad. Like, BAD bad

?TheCat Wrote:

> Geewhizz....this thread is going to be a hoot this

> year with the anti-brexit mob pouncing on any

> whiff of negative news so they can gleefully pin

> it on Brexit with a big dose of 'See...I told you

> they're all stupid'....

>

> And why not? It's been such a winning strategy so

> far...?

I?d venture that most (if not all) Remainers hope they?re wrong about their forecasts on the damage and instability that Brexit will cause.

Cameron goes big with his ?I?ll show them. I?ll go in with my big treaty demands?

Fail

May: ?I?ll sign article 50 and show them?. Front page articles showing the slayer of the EU

Fail

Johnson: ?blueberry blib blib. Sign up to border in Irish Sea. Pretend there won?t be one. Snigger?

Fail

transition period ends. Any leverage (small as it was in comparison) is gone

Predatory countries like usa, China and India. And new competitors like the EU?

?Well HERE is a country desperate for a deal. Any deal....?

But of course. We aren?t there yet. We are STILL in the pretend stage. All existing agreements all still in place. No cause to alarm the citizens yet.

But I?m sure that sweet sweet deal is just around the corner.

Sephiroth Wrote:

> But of course. We aren?t there yet. We are STILL

> in the pretend stage. All existing agreements all

> still in place. No cause to alarm the citizens

> yet.

The citizens are currently being kept in their place by the mainstream media dutifully reporting Harry & Meghan rather than anything about how we're about to fall out of the best thing that ever happened to Europe.

Add in a few paragraphs about a pandemic (thanks China, good timing!), maybe a few bits and pieces on Trump impeachment or the Grenfell enquiry and we'll all be good quiet little people forgetting about Brexit.

People need to wake up. Brexit IS Happening 11.00pm next Friday.

A mere eight years ago, London put on one of the greatest global sporting events ever with people from all over the world watching, attending and competing.

Even five years ago most people wouldn't have cared one way or the other about EU. Most people didn't really know or mind either way. Now look how you can turn half the country with a bit of sleight of hand, a few total lies over the years (Barmy Brussels Bans British Bangers!) and a pack of lies working off the back of a bit of nationalistic pride.

TheCat Wrote:

> Yes indeed. But it is interesting that the

> prediction of doom keep getting kicked down the

> road. First it was meant to all happen as soon as

> we voted to leave, then it was when article 50 was

> triggered, then it was when we leave, now it's

> after a transition period....

The oft quoted BoE prediction that there would be a recession straight after we voted Leave also had a caveat that never gets mentioned, namely that the prediction was based on BoE not intervening fiscally. However, after the vote they did so by dropping interest rates and increasing QE, well known remedies for helping to boost an economy.

What these actions couldn't stall though was the crash of Sterling (something which the BoE also predicted) and it's only recently that someone has tried to quantify the effect of that crash. This has been picked up by the respected financial journalist Peter Foster, until recently working at the Telegraph all through the Brexit process, but recently having moved to the FT. This is his take on it. For those that don't read links, it's not good...

As for other predictions of doom I don't recall any apart from the threat of No Deal and the chaos that would follow, a view the Gov's own assessments backed, something which also happened to be created by Leavers - remember ''No Deal is better than a bad deal''? No Deal and the ensuing chaos is still looming on the horizon at the end of the year. It's not a prediction, it's a fact, unless we negotiate a deal by the end of the year or extend the transition period...

JohnL Wrote:

> I think this hurt more than is being portrayed.

>

> https://www.theguardian.com/law/2017/nov/20/no-bri

> tish-judge-on-world-court-for-first-time-in-its-71

> -year-history

>

> But we're still a permanent member of the security

> council - that's what the government can't lose in

> the next few years.

It does hurt, specially after all the guff we?re being fed about Global Britain

The shifting global context, a new relationship with Europe, and the need to deliver more with finite resources, requires us to evolve and enhance how we achieve our goals. We need to use government assets more cohesively and efficiently to maintain our global standing. Global Britain is about reinvesting in our relationships, championing the rules-based international order and demonstrating that the UK is open, outward-looking and confident on the world stage.

https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/global-britain-delivering-on-our-international-ambition

What people voted for in the seventies was a pack of lies, the eu isn't what it started out to be, a fiscal union. All the -you didn't know what you voted mob-, did you know what you were voting for by opting to remain? What has the eu got in store for the future?

As for the bogus claim ?this isn?t what we signed up for

https://fullfact.org/europe/ask-full-fact-eu-then-and-now/

(I love how people who claim they were lied to in the 70s weren?t lied to now. Now, they are super smart and in no way subject to misinformation. No sireee. Also. They are all on the same page. So never mind that leave reassured us we would NOT be leaving the single market before the referendum. Now we just have to accept. ?We knew what we voted for?

Sure ya did. All 17 million. All on the same page. Sure

Blimey...this is getting tedious.....

I think by now, on this forum we've pretty much all said what we think with regards to remain or leave. People have given their reasons for voting one way or the other. It's been debated to death, and other people have chosen to accept or disregard those reasons.

Either way, the leave question is now moot. You're not going to change you mind Sephiroth, and it wouldn't matter even if you (or anyone else) did, so surely asking the a different version of the same question for the umpteenth time hoping to get an answer that you can mock or dismiss isn't particularly productive?

But...just my opinion....I'm sure you'll carry on as you wish.....