Brexit has Officially become UK Law

DulwichFox

keano77 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> PS if ?the rebate is taken off the ?350m before

> it's paid, i.e. we paid ?250m up front...? then

> it?s not a rebate - it?s an abatement

It's all a bit academic now. Brexit has already cost us more than the entire cost of 40 years of membership. The false economy is already with us.

keano77 Wrote:

> I?m keeping out of this thread as many of the

> posts above are so 2016 and 2017 and 2018 and

> 2019.

I don't have a problem with this, the 2016 referendum is the benchmark, it therefore makes sense to look back at what was promised and how it stacks up against what we end up with...

Blah Blah to DulwichFox: "You have been conned. It is just a question of when, not if, you begin to understand that."

I think this is a bit generous, given the posting history of DF.

I'm not for a second saying he's stupid, but I'd wager he's a 0% certainty for never changing his view on this, even if smacked hard in the face with the facts.

Seabag Wrote:

> DulwichFox Wrote:

>

> > Not to prosecute market traders that sell

> Spuds

> > by the Pound and not by the Kilo.

> > Petty E.U laws we had to pay for.

Please show us the article or direct us to where

the above ?crime? was prosecuted.

>

> Read this link while you?re at it.

>

> https://blogs.ec.europa.eu/ECintheUK/suns-imperial

> -up-yours-to-brussels-falls-down-on-the-facts/

Metric martyr trader gets criminal record for selling fruit and veg by the pound on stall set up by mother during the Blitz

The mother of two fought back tears as she was ordered by magistrates to pay almost ?5,000 in costs and told she would have a criminal record after being found guilty of eight offences under the Weights and Measures Act.

Article :- https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1074249/Metric-martyr-trader-gets-criminal-record-selling-fruit-veg-pound-stall-set-mother-Blitz.html

I must admit it did take me 15-20 seconds to find this article.

There are 100's of them.

Fox

This whole blog is worth a read, but beware it?s a rabbit hole, leaving me feeling disheartened.

Parts of it are funny, until you realise that the propaganda it represents has been systematically published by the tabloids and broadsheets over the years, and many distorted ?facts? have seeped into the psych of the country.

Then to think that people put pen to paper in the ballot box, to express their impotent rage, is tragic.

https://blogs.ec.europa.eu/ECintheUK/euromyths-a-z-index/

I think I?ll go back to bed, please wake me when this is all over.

Metrication was bought in by the British Government. The EU has never banned pounds and ounces or other imperial measures. EU law does require metric measurements to be used ? though already in 1965, eight years before joining the EEC, the Wilson Government decided to initiate the UK?s metrication programme, in response to global moves in this direction. However, EU law has always allowed imperial measures to be used alongside metric ones.

The Martyrs are against Metrication.

Imagine thinking a bunch of arseholes deliberately and knowingly leave off metric measurements as being somehow representative of a country under occupation

Could they sell using pounds and ounces. Absolutely.

How do other countries survive such oppression. I keep asking the question. But it isn?t oppression is it foxy. It

When uk decides its own rules (briefly) there will still be maggots trying to make a point and buck the system and they will be prosecuted then too. Those metric martyrs aren?t oppressed. They are dickheads. That?s the story

(Wrote the above based on memory of events. Rereading the article foxy posted I?m even less sure what he?s upset about. It?s more about bumbling uk authorities than it is eu as far as I can see)

This was the case I was remembering

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/uk/2002/feb/18/2

Dickheads United!

Against what? Does it matter, they are united, much like the Kingdom

Actually, given the own goals ?we? *ahem* keep scoring, I think U.K. needs a rebrand

I?m proposing KINGDOM UNITED, so it sounds like we?re a team, rather than a country. Ergo, you can support the team or not.

We and other countries in Europe all agreed to contribute a bit of money to shared projects to benefit all of us and it did massively benefit all of us to a huge extent greater than our contributions.

Britain decides it doesn't want to do this - all we can do is wait and see.

Seabag Wrote:

> Metrication was bought in by the British

> Government. The EU has never banned pounds and

> ounces or other imperial measures. EU law does

> require metric measurements to be used ? though

> already in 1965, eight years before joining the

> EEC, the Wilson Government decided to initiate the

> UK?s metrication programme, in response to global

> moves in this direction. However, EU law has

> always allowed imperial measures to be used

> alongside metric ones.

>

> The Martyrs are against Metrication.

Just try and re-write equations of physics in anything other than SI units.

Of course if we started again we could but we agreed to use SI a long time ago and it's ingrained in Physics now.

Captain Marvel Wrote:

> Here's a link to the Daily Mail (which you all

> secretly read)

>

> https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-7927123

> /ALEXANDER-VON-SCHOENBURG-says-Germany-fears-Brita

> in-face-reality-Brexit.html?fbclid=IwAR2zAROpOo5vb

> 8CuoX-4USCRpkr1G9RHfpY7TtcTn9rSl6JmUBj16rRfKB8

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander,_Count_of_Sch%C3%B6nburg-Glauchau

Ok I admit it, Voting for Brexit was a big mistake as I had no idea what I was voting for.

At least 10 people on here have said so and proved me wrong.

and I only have 17.4 Million people to back me up.

People need to wake up. Brexit IS Happening 11.00pm next Friday.

Blink and you might miss it.

Sephiroth Wrote:

> Transition period. No one is expecting anything to

> change next week. As you known

Yes indeed. But it is interesting that the prediction of doom keep getting kicked down the road. First it was meant to all happen as soon as we voted to leave, then it was when article 50 was triggered, then it was when we leave, now it's after a transition period....

I'm not in anyway suggesting there will be no negative impacts of the change. But perhaps some of the hyperbole can now be recognised for what it was.

I don't agree, you knew exactly what you were voting for - but unfortunately what you were voting for was a pack of lies. You were deceived, along with the millions of people you refer to as back-up - as if there's extra validity when more people are deceived!

Foxy: "At least 10 people on here have said so and proved me wrong"

You proved YOURSELF wrong by your own actions voting Leave, I'm afraid.

Foxy: 'People need to wake up. Brexit IS Happening 11.00pm next Friday"

We're all aware of that, it was the purpose of your starting the the thread I think !