Brexit has Officially become UK Law

DulwichFox

It wasn?t a remainer that started this thread

It?s not a remainer trolling the country with 50p coins

And the tedious truth facing leavers has still to be addressed by a single leaver or PM. All that is to come

Just because so many people have fingers in their ears doesn?t change a thing

I?m sure you?re bored by people like me

Imagine how it feels from my side - you lot ?in charge? despite refusing to acknowledge reality

The E.U. 28 Member States.

Why so many people come to the U.K. to find work.

Because The E.U. does not work for the poorer Member States.

Unemployment, low wages..

Many immigrants live here in the U.K. in poor housing which they share and send wages back home

to their families.

I can remember a time when British Passport Holders were only allowed to take ?20 spending money out

of the country when they went on holiday.

The E.U. has allowed British Personnel to Buy property abroad I.E. Spain.

To draw their pensions from British Companies and spend their money abroad.

People wonder why our economy is failing.

I don't have a 'lot'. I'm a person who happened to vote a certain way in a referendum 4 years ago. My entire identity isn't defined by that, nor do I feel anyone else who happened to vote the same way in any way 'represents' me, just as I dont represent them.

Part of the tedium, is the constant desire from 'people like you' to sort everyone into two tribes, and associate everything you've ever heard from the "other tribe" as what everyone in that tribe believes.....it's so boring....

For example it wasn't one of 'my lot' who brutally killed a wild animal with a baseball bat. I guess 'your lot' must just all love the EU and clubbing animals to death......

?Hey man. I?m just a humble sort who voted one way. Ain?t no thing?

No recognition that it?s an almighty rupture with no pretending with monumental consequences for countries like Ireland, north and south and the potential for resumption of the troubles

?Just a thing mate. Relax. Chill. ?

It's also tedious when every one of your posts is a sniping attempt to rile or start an argument.

I think my previous engagement on this forum shows that I appreciate the importance and complexity of the issue. But, even though we disagree, you knew that....and clearly just revel in snide self-righteousness.

Anyway....I'm out for now...I'm sure we'll speak again soon.

And this is the issue wih all teh Leave arguments above.

There are many reasons to want brexit and they all walk a similar line. Sovereignty, freedom to to what we want, Johnny foreigner not telling us what to do any more? These are all laudable desires and are very important to some people; the fact that we either already have these things or they otherwise have no basis in fact simply does not matter. You were sold a dream.

Brexit is all about feelings. Remain can recite facts all they like but the sad reality is that Leavers Just Do Not Care. They don?t care about trade agreements, or about the reciprocal benefits of things like Euratom or ERASMUS or Galileo or the Open Skies agreement, you know, the complicated stuff; many of them probably don?t even know these things exist, and pre-referendum that was probably most if not all of them (and most remainers too come to that). Project fear, price worth paying, I don?t understand why we can?t just leave. We?ve seen this movie before.

That?s why leave won and how they?re still winning today. In sunny Brexitland the heart trumps the head. You won?t ever get an answer when asking someone to name the tangible benefits because there aren?t any, but there?s intangible perceived benefits by the truckload.

All the Leavers saying the EU now isn't what it set out to be, it's not what "they" wanted. In spite of the fact that "they" literally had no idea about 98% of what it does and most of their EU "knowledge" comes from total bollocks spouted by the Daily Wail and Boris's completely made-up opinion pieces in the Telegraph over the last 10 years.

And I hate to say it but Leavers are still onto a winner, No matter what happens it'll be the fault of Remoaners or the EU or Labour or traitor MPs who didn't vote for it and you'll all refuse to belive that it was and is a catastrophically stupid idea that does nothing to sorting out any of the UK's problems.

Spot on Exdulwicher. Brexit is an ideology. It is not based in detail or fact or reason.

DF, you ask us to wonder why our economy is failing. How about we start with the cost of Brexit so far? It has cost us more then the entire 40 years of membership fees we have paid, over the last three years, and we haven't even left yet! Not sure either why you think the EU are responsible for any economic failure. The world has changed, was changing when we joined the EEC. Britain was already in decline in the light of post war competition from emerging economies in the far east and Asia and that will continue to be the case outside of the EU.

And it is not the EU that sets the rules on property ownership either, but individual governments. So not sure where you get that nonsense from.

Sephiroth Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

>

> No recognition that it?s an almighty rupture with

> no pretending with monumental consequences for

> countries like Ireland, north and south and the

> potential for resumption of the troubles

>

Yes.

exdulwicher Wrote:

> And this is the issue wih all teh Leave arguments

> above.

>

> There are many reasons to want brexit and they all

> walk a similar line. Sovereignty, freedom to to

> what we want, Johnny foreigner not telling us what

> to do any more? These are all laudable desires and

> are very important to some people; the fact that

> we either already have these things or they

> otherwise have no basis in fact simply does not

> matter. You were sold a dream.

>

> Brexit is all about feelings. Remain can recite

> facts all they like but the sad reality is that

> Leavers Just Do Not Care. They don?t care about

> trade agreements, or about the reciprocal benefits

> of things like Euratom or ERASMUS or Galileo or

> the Open Skies agreement, you know, the

> complicated stuff; many of them probably don?t

> even know these things exist, and pre-referendum

> that was probably most if not all of them (and

> most remainers too come to that). Project fear,

> price worth paying, I don?t understand why we

> can?t just leave. We?ve seen this movie before.

>

> That?s why leave won and how they?re still winning

> today. In sunny Brexitland the heart trumps the

> head. You won?t ever get an answer when asking

> someone to name the tangible benefits because

> there aren?t any, but there?s intangible perceived

> benefits by the truckload.

>

> All the Leavers saying the EU now isn't what it

> set out to be, it's not what "they" wanted. In

> spite of the fact that "they" literally had no

> idea about 98% of what it does and most of their

> EU "knowledge" comes from total bollocks spouted

> by the Daily Wail and Boris's completely made-up

> opinion pieces in the Telegraph over the last 10

> years.

>

> And I hate to say it but Leavers are still onto a

> winner, No matter what happens it'll be the fault

> of Remoaners or the EU or Labour or traitor MPs

> who didn't vote for it and you'll all refuse to

> belive that it was and is a catastrophically

> stupid idea that does nothing to sorting out any

> of the UK's problems.

Yes.

Probable outcomes that might affect ED.

Nannies, cleaners, and builders all to get more expensive.

Worse service in cafes, restaurants and artisanal businesses (some closing eg. Brick House) as Eu staff leave.,.

More QE and Zirp to keep economy afloat as assets prices increase, pound falls further.

Foreign investors continue to see London as a unique safe haven and cheap (see pound and China, Hong Kong, Australia anyone ?)

So a good 3 bedder ED breaking the million barrier when BoJo and chums reform SD by year end.

Cumming's Bat-Signal is saying buy if you have the money.

And curiously the Mail is starting to punt WTF articles about ol Boris. 2020 has got off to a right old start.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-7930053/DAN-HODGES-Ministers-asking-Boris-Johnson-clue-next.html

"Leave voters just want to get on with things and make it work.

Remain voters want to talk about it for another 4 years and do nothing."

No this isn't right

Remainers have been asking for 4 years HOW it's going to work - we were TOLD it would be easy, trade deals would fly in and there would be no problems. This is clearly not true. There are no good options in the pipeline

remainers want to avoid damaging the united kingdom. Leavers are happy to sacrifice it

DulwichFox Wrote:

> Leave voters just want to get on with things and

> make it work.

>

> Remain voters want to talk about it for another 4

> years and do nothing.

and you just want to keep talking guff based on ignorance

The atmosphere in some places is going downhill fast (not specifically ED that I have in mind - but some pubs seem to be running on an amount of staff that won't be sustainable and are losing custom fast).

Wondering if some are just running down for selling to developers.

? Leave voters just want to get on with things and make it work?

This is encouraging, I guess.

Foxy, as a Leave voter, what is it that you are getting on with and what are you doing to make it work. If not you the which Leave voters are doing this, as per your suggestion above ?

If I was an EU low paid worker I would probably want to leave especially so with the state of the pound and the cost of housing in the SE. What chatting to a university-educated Romanian Uber driver a few weeks back and he has told his family not to speak when out in a supermarket and he feels or think he feels, cold accusing stares from some other British folk.

KidKruger Wrote:

> ? Leave voters just want to get on with things and

> make it work?

>

> This is encouraging, I guess.

> Foxy, as a Leave voter, what is it that you are

> getting on with and what are you doing to make it

> work. If not you the which Leave voters are doing

> this, as per your suggestion above ?

I am elderly retire after 40 years of work. I do not have any direct power to change things.

I will endeavour to Vote for people who CAN change things and get them done.

DulwichFox Wrote:

> I will endeavour to Vote for people who CAN change

> things and get them done.

what things are you looking for people to change and get done?

JohnL Wrote:

> The atmosphere in some places is going downhill

> fast (not specifically ED that I have in mind -

> but some pubs seem to be running on an amount of

> staff that won't be sustainable and are losing

> custom fast).

>

> Wondering if some are just running down for

> selling to developers.

There's a pub local to me that's throwing a Brexit Party with fireworks on Friday 31st. Presumably they'll only be drinking British drinks, none of that forren muck. But already the atmosphere on their FB page is horrific. Bullying "we won you lost get over it", racist / xenophobic comments, division....

I'd hate to be one of the many local Polish or Romanian builders wanting to go for a regular Friday night drink that evening.

I have absolutely no problem with Polish or Romanian builders continuing to work in the U.K.

I would be happy to have them work on my house.

I have no Gripes about skilled Workers, Doctors, Nurses being given Licences to work here

I do not care where they come from, the colour of their skin or their religion or Ethnicity.

I eat out in Indian, Bangladeshi, Turkish Restaurants and hope we can hold on to the skilled Chefs

that prepare such food.

I support steps to stamp out Racism and Xenophobia in sport .

I stand accused of being Xenophobic by users on this site. These posts of Hatred need to be blocked.

My Only gripe is with Brussels telling us what we can and cannot do.

I hope I make myself clear.

DulwichFox

But you still have not told us what Brussels tells us to do. And it seems from your posts that the only concern you have is around immigration, because that is all you talk about.

And edited to add that under EU regulations, we have ALWAYS had the power to send anyone back to their EU country if they did not find work after three months. But Farage never told you that.

"I have absolutely no problem with Polish or Romanian builders continuing to work in the U.K."

Find a pub having a brexit party on Friday

Bring some EU nationals with you - see how they feel. See how you feel

Because you might be ok with them - but you well know that all the people who are NOT happy with them voted leave too

Unfortunate side-effect? But you're ok with that? Or a sign of something more problematic?

DulwichFox Wrote:

>

> I hope I make myself clear.

>

> DulwichFox

it's certainty clear that you don't understand any of what your talking about

I urge you again to take some time to understand some facts rather than making up stuff or falling for stuff others make up

Sephiroth Wrote:

> "I have absolutely no problem with Polish or

> Romanian builders continuing to work in the U.K."

>

> Find a pub having a brexit party on Friday

>

> Bring some EU nationals with you - see how they

> feel. See how you feel

>

Because you might be ok with them - but you well

know that all the people who are NOT happy with

them voted leave too

>

> Unfortunate side-effect? But you're ok with that?

> Or a sign of something more problematic?

I go to watch Football and there are people who sing Racist chants..

Does that mean I should not go and watch Football...

.. or if I do i'm as bad as them..

There is NO sence in your Logic..