Brexit has Officially become UK Law

DulwichFox

DulwichFox Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> My Only gripe is with Brussels telling us what we

> can and cannot do.

This is the 'them and us' attitude that many Brexiters have, and they continually fail to see that the reality is(was) in fact 'we', because the UK has been a major player in the EU, we were contributing to the rules and laws. It was even a Brit that wrote the Article 50 process. Perhaps if the European Parliament had been based in the UK they would've thought differently, but doubtful as we see this same attitude with our own Parliament and the 'Westminster bubble'...

DulwichFox Wrote:

> I go to watch Football and there are people who

> sing Racist chants..

> Does that mean I should not go and watch

> Football...

> .. or if I do i'm as bad as them..

That all depends what your reaction is to the racist chanting. Care to tell us?...

diable rouge Wrote:

> DulwichFox Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

>

> > I go to watch Football and there are people who

> > sing Racist chants..

> > Does that mean I should not go and watch

> > Football...

> > .. or if I do i'm as bad as them..

>

> That all depends what your reaction is to the

> racist chanting. Care to tell us?...

he 'supports steps to stamp out Racism and Xenophobia in sport'

he does this by doing nothing except saying things like the above on here

[edited to correct typo, apols]

Seriously, I said this yesterday. Don't you guys ever tire of trying to 'score points' against someone you disagree with? Particularly in this case where debating the leave versus remain question; and berating people about the way they voted 4 years ago is a total waste of time.

I dont agree with much of what Foxy says, but half the replies to hiS posts above are willfully misinterpreting what he has said in an attempt to catch him out in a pedantic 'word trap' in order to make him look foolish.

I'll let Mr Pie say what I think needs to be said here.....

diable rouge Wrote:

> DulwichFox Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

>

> > I go to watch Football and there are people who

> > sing Racist chants..

> > Does that mean I should not go and watch

> > Football...

> > .. or if I do i'm as bad as them..

>

> That all depends what your reaction is to the

> racist chanting. Care to tell us?...

It Happens in not just a different block to where I sit but in a different Stand.

I cannot hear it above the normal crowd where I sit.

It is heard more Locally by the linesman and picked up on Microphones placed in the area.

I have condemned it strongly on Twitter using my real name. asking for people caught to be banned from

the ground. Not a lot more I can do to stop it.

You might not like what I say or the way I say it - but I promise you I'm not trying to score points

But nor can I just watch anyone (in this case it's Foxy - repeatedly) just post a load of objectively false nonsense and let it lie - it's bad enough this is happening. It's worse still that the same nonsense gets repeated out of the blue like this

Sephiroth Wrote:

> You might not like what I say or the way I say it

> - but I promise you I'm not trying to score

> points

>

> But nor can I just watch anyone (in this case it's

> Foxy - repeatedly) just post a load of objectively

> false nonsense and let it lie - it's bad enough

> this is happening. It's worse still that the same

> nonsense gets repeated out of the blue like this

We disagree on quite a few things (but perhaps less than you think). And I genuinely respect your passion for your positions. But I think you in particular have a tendency to approach/cross the line of decency/respect, and I've called your comments snide and sniping in the recent past.

I have no problem with what you're saying. I often have a problem with how it's said.

But in anycase, this is wildly off topic. Carry on....

Captain Marvel Wrote:

> > > Seriously, I said this yesterday.

> >

> > haven't you got anything new or interesting to

> > say?

>

>

> Pot kettle. Hahahah

very clever

what is it that you think that I've repeated that I said yesterday?

Sephiroth Wrote:

> You might not like what I say or the way I say it

> - but I promise you I'm not trying to score

> points

>

> But nor can I just watch anyone (in this case it's

> Foxy - repeatedly) just post a load of objectively

> false nonsense and let it lie - it's bad enough

> this is happening. It's worse still that the same

> nonsense gets repeated out of the blue like this

This. It is a public forum. If someone repeatedly posts stuff that isn't true, others have the right to repeatedly push back. No-one is forced to read it, and yes it can be exhausting. But that is the nature of the beast. I think it also typifies why this nation is now going to be vehemently divided for some time to come.

JohnL Wrote:

> List of stuff we will do when we leave

>

> Get blue passports (although we could have had

> them anyway).

It has been proposed that we can use our Red passports until the end of Dec. 2020.

I no longer need one . Due to poor health I would find it all but impossible to get insurance to fly.

So perhaps I can help save the Planet.

I see ?they? have started the groundwork to lay the blame on it failing

What was ?will be glorious? is now ?could be?

Translation. ?It won?t be. It will be hot garbage and we need to get excuses in quick?

Just like Norway which has the freedom to diverge from eu rules but doesn?t because the pain isn?t worth it, this whole exercise is a colossal waste of time and money to be a rule follower only where we once had a say in the rules, now we won?t. Genius.

This could be a golden age, it will be up to us to make it one.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-7930155/JACOB-REES-MOGG-shine-bright-sunbeam-certainty-end-long-night-doubt.html

The word according to St Jacob Rees-Mogg

From the book of Mail Daily

National confidence in the years ahead can be drawn from the distinction of this island?s story and from the recognition of the strength of the new position.

We can embark on this new age with confidence and excitement. Over two millenniums since mighty Augustus quelled the unrest and strife in ancient Rome and brought in a new golden age, our auriferous* Prime Minister is bringing in a new era of revitalisation to our nation.

(Grabs bucket to puke in)

As Fox says himself, his only gripe is with ?Brussels telling us what we can and cannot do?

So let?s have what it is ?we? were trying to do before Brussels stepped in saying ?you can?t do that??

Because personally (and we live in the same city, same country etc) I can?t recall going to do something and someone or anyone telling me I couldn?t do that.

I run a business, import stuff, have a house, have children, went wherever I fancied pretty much. Ate drank lived, and to my recollection nobody ever stopped me.

Did I miss something?

Please tell me Fox, or anyone else, so I can wet my appetite for the things I didn?t know I couldn?t do, but will be able to do in this new era.

The Times front page today is a good example of why people like me and others on here won?t let this go

Because not only is the idea itself very bad, what?s driving it is worse

Does the times know the difference between the EU and the European court of human rights? Yes. Does it know the difference between Luxembourg and Strasbourg? Yes

But there needs to be a narrative of ?them? all the time. Even after we leave next year it will still all be baby whining about other countries not giving us what we want.

That?s all this has ever been

But it?s very dangerous to keep fanning the flames of ?them? - we are heading to a bad place and I?m never going to stop calling it out no matter how many ?look we can agree to differ but let?s be reasonable? types try and blancmange it away

Sephiroth Wrote:

------------------------------------------------------- I?m

> never going to stop calling it out no matter how

> many ?look we can agree to differ but let?s be

> reasonable? types try and blancmange it away

Well...at least you can acknowledge that you're not being reasonable:).....