India Visa Application Centre - Random Question!

LuLu Too

Has anyone been to the India Visa Application Centre in Victoria?

Is it possible to turn up and process a visa application without a booked appointment? And if so, will it take all day?

Have spent over an hour this evening completing the online visa form and payment but failed when it got to trying to book an appoinment - aaagh! The booking schedule was showing plenty of availability this week and next but for the life of me, I could not proceed to booking an actual appointment. So seeing as how they have already taken my fee I'm thinking of just showing up with my passport and paperwork!

I don't much fancy paying 95p per minute for the premium rate contact number, so EDF types - any experience of what to expect in the Victoria Visa Centre??

I will de-stress once I hit the backwaters of Kerala!

Hmmm... I had an appointment and was seen fairly quickly despite a very busy waiting room. I would go first thing in the morning with a good book and chance it. Although I vaguely remember them checking my appointment info on the door before letting me in.

Thank you everyone.

Good tip re: trying Goswell Road centre rather than Victoria.

I emailed VFS Global customer service who advised it is possible to attend without an appointment and that at the moment waiting times are not too long.

And whilst getting my visa photos done yesterday, the very helpful British Indian Snappy Snaps woman suggested turning up at midday rather than first thing - as the early morning crowd usually dies down by then (apparently...).

I will try my luck tomorrow!

Thanks again.