Panic buying hits DKH Sainsburys

edbloke

Sainsbo had coffee in stock yesterday lunch time, don't know about potatoes, there seems to be a general shortage of eggs all around, don't know why as they have limited shelf life of a couple of weeks max. The butcher I use had none yesterday and said people had been coming from other parts of south London to buy 10 trays at a time from them, they have now restricted quantities of eggs to max one tray per Regular customer.

I've been to a few shops selling groceries over the last two to three weeks. I'm pleased to say they all had food and alcohol. Similarly filling stations have petrol and diesel. I'm happy to provide a daily update. Although I expect that my reports wont change. Sorry I can't tell you which shops I am using as you may rush out and clear the shelves of my favourite biscuits.

ianr Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> > Queuing was around 15 mins from the

> > nursery to the main entrance.

>

> What determined the rate of entry?

The chap supervising it today was letting in groups of 2 to 4 every 3/4 mins from what I could see.

Despite this, there were still pockets of busy aisles and the queue for self service tills is longer because they're the only tills accepting cash now.

richard tudor Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> unable find out from Sainsbury's web sight does

> anyone know the answer.

>

> My wife finds it very difficult to walk and I have

> bad sight so it is always a joint effort.

>

> Would appreciate answer or if someone could assk

> when they go

>

> Many thanks

From the Sainsburys website today:

'Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday, all our supermarkets will dedicate 08.00 to 09.00 to serving elderly customers, disabled customers and carers'

You could also try the click & collect service online but I think you would probably qualify for priority delivery registration as well - a bit tricky in practice, but possible.

Hi Richard,

Sorry, I don't have a clear response to that (I rely on deliveries), but I think that if you both have a medical reason and the two of you need to shop together you shouldn't have a problem both getting in. If you should have any difficulties you can make a complaint (see below for details of free resources available on Fry Law website).

With best wishes,

Ilona

'Equality and human rights champion Fry Law has a raft of template letters which people may wish to use during the Coronavirus crisis, including complaint letters to supermarkets, designed to provide priority access for disabled people. They can be downloaded for free at www.frylaw.co.uk.

There are so many fast moving decisions affecting disability rights at the moment. Fry Law has created a forum where people can discuss and advise on the law online. The forum will meet from 6-7pm on Tuesdays and Fridays.

Cathy Casserley and her team at Cloisters Chambers will be on hand, together with BSL English Interpreters Love Language, to answer questions and enter into conversation.

There will be different guests for each session, to reflect different themes.

To register in advance for this webinar, click on this link:

https://us04web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_xLcFHpMzRt2-mxi50DpLaA

Some people may prefer to ask questions in advance, and can also tweet them on #DRAquestion.'