petrol thief

And any innocent victims of this?

How innocent? - either they knowingly are putting stolen petrol in their vehicle, or they are buying petrol 'off the back of a lorry' - again not the actions of an innocent. Or are you suggesting that the petrol thieves are stealing petrol and then annonymously donating it to the poor - a sort of Robin Hood collective?

Trust me if you put naptha in as soon as you start it you won't ride / drive it. The engine will not explode but the cylinders will significantly overheat, the engine will rev 2 or 3 times faster than it should on you will melt the valves not to mention knacker the cams, bearings and probably timing chain. The engine will then sieze.

Denonation happens in the cylinders it doesn't mean the engine will explode - that's just stupid.

So I found this article maybe it will educate:

Detonation, also known as pinging, pinking, or knocking, is a serious motor destroying event. It sounds different on many cars but it can sound like slapping metal wires against the motor, a rattle in the dash, shaking popcorn kernels in a coffee can, and when it?s real bad it sounds like marbles in a coffee can. It has a rhythmic sound much like a diesel (technically its very similar to a diesel). When you hear detonation GET OFF THE GAS IMMEDIATELY! Detonation is not the same as pre-ignition although they often occur at the same time. Detonation can be caused by too much spark advance, high IATs, lean mixture, dry air, high ECTs, low octane, etc. It occurs when the spark ignited flame front compresses the reaming air fuel mixture till it reaches critical temperature and pressure to auto ignite the mixture on the other side of the cylinder. The two flame fronts then collide with a giant explosion causing the audible knock sound. The cylinder temperatures and pressures increase drastically beyond the normal combustion temperatures and pressures causing burned holes in the pistons, bent or broken rods, damaged crankshaft bearings, and complete and total destruction

• 4 months later...

Hello all . Bike stolen last night. After two months of waiting for a new front wheel I get my bike back

New Kryptonite D lock on back

New Kryptonite D lock on front with chain around the bike so they could not steal front wheel again

New Cover to keep it nice and warm

Stolen last night around 5am RED Gilera 200 ST reg ending UGK

Pretty sure it was lifted off the road as no sign of locks on the road

maybe time to invest in ground anchor but not sure where I would put that

Police quick to come round to look over, said it would be 3 guys and a van and they just lift into the back and off in 1 minute

Keep em peeled

thejournalist Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> This happened to me yet again a couple of nights

> ago on Landells road. About 4th or 5th time since

> December. Called police out last time, but they

> were useless. Just kept banging on about how great

> CCTV is. I did say that wouldn't have stopped it,

> to which they said it would act as a deterrent and

> make them 'move on to the next street'. Great

> policing yeah.

So why is giving you advice on how to prevent your property being targeted not good policing? If the criminals move on to the next street whose occupants do the same as you the problem eventually leaves the area... How else do you realistically expect to reduce crime?