Distance keeping in small local independent shops

Agree with comments about the Plough local Sainsburys, but have to say on the plus side the staff there are still managing to smile under difficult circumstances. And they have to be there all day. Would suggest in particular closing the middle self-checkout, they are so close together anyway and yesterday the person next to me had 2 children with them as well... and limiting the numbers a bit more, no one would mind the extra wait if it meant a safer shopping environment.

I wish I'd taken on board the comments about Plough Sainsbury's, nearly induced a panic attack it was so horrific.

Add to that a member of staff coming up to chat to you because you know them! I'm going to report to Head Office I think.

Anyhoo, how is Lloyds the chemist in Northcross handling this? I want 2 specific things and am hoping to run in and out.

siousxiesue Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I wish I'd taken on board the comments about

> Plough Sainsbury's, nearly induced a panic attack

> it was so horrific.

>

> Add to that a member of staff coming up to chat to

> you because you know them! I'm going to report to

> Head Office I think.

>

> Anyhoo, how is Lloyds the chemist in Northcross

> handling this? I want 2 specific things and am

> hoping to run in and out.

Lloyd's is good and following excellent guidelines

randombloke Wrote:

> This may sound facetious but actually it isn't.

> Just act deranged so they keep away. I'd suggest

> shouting in a Liverpudlian accent (I'm from the

> Wirral and doing so terrifies southerners) but

> shouting is really not terribly socially aware at

> the moment. Too many people aren't taking this

> virus seriously. If it is transferable via

> aerosolised droplets then merely talking can

> infect people 30 feet away, that's 9 metres. I

> queued on Friday outside M and S on LL and was

> aghast at the stupidity of people walking aka

> brushing past me. If you feel a need to shove

> someone or be rude, then do so. If you said "I may

> be infected, but maybe I don't know it yet" you

> are telling the truth, it's Schroedinger's virus.

> We MUST assume that we are infected and so are

> they. Just watching BBC news in theatre recovery

> units turned into ICUs tonight was terrifying and

> I spent 6 years as a hospital equipment sales rep

> selling recovery room monitoring so I'm not

> generally concerned. I sure as hell am now. Be

> rude, be obnoxious, be safe.

I've been rude and obnoxious probably every day- but then I'm a Cockney and people expect it

One of my Favourite indies on Lordship Lane is Organic Village.

It has continued to stock many things we all need.

Unfortunately it seems to of been a victim of its own success.

I went there today and it was RAMMED. FULL of people with no attempt to limit the amount of people in at one time.

I expressed my disapproval that there were Too many people in the shop.

But with NO response.

I will in future be very careful before I go there again.

DulwichFox

DulwichFox Wrote:

> One of my Favourite indies on Lordship Lane is

> Organic Village.

> It has continued to stock many things we all

> need.

>

> Unfortunately it seems to of been a victim of its

> own success.

>

> I went there today and it was RAMMED. FULL of

> people with no attempt to limit the amount of

> people in at one time.

>

> I expressed my disapproval that there were Too

> many people in the shop.

> But with NO response.

>

> I will in future be very careful before I go

> there again.

>

> DulwichFox

Disappointing! I have left a Facebook comment in the hopes they see it, don't know if they are on here?

DulwichFox Wrote:

> One of my Favourite indies on Lordship Lane is

> Organic Village.

> It has continued to stock many things we all

> need.

>

> Unfortunately it seems to of been a victim of its

> own success.

>

> I went there today and it was RAMMED. FULL of

> people with no attempt to limit the amount of

> people in at one time.

>

> I expressed my disapproval that there were Too

> many people in the shop.

> But with NO response.

>

> I will in future be very careful before I go

> there again.

>

> DulwichFox

Same..I just cannot go there until they limit the amount off people in the shop!

Hi , thank you for your concern. We do normally allow only 6 customers in the shop at one time . It may be the case that the supervisor on duty wasn?t do his job properly. May I ask what time did you go in. From now on I will make sure this doesn?t happen again. Apologies for the disappointment. -Organic village market

It annoys me people are quick to moan about the shops themselves but really it's the customers that are the problem. We've been in the situation a good while now and yet STILL people are being stupid and continuing to live in their own bubbles and choose it ignore the general rule about social distancing.Local shops are small. We all know this.

As it's been mentioned already on this thread, speak up to people not following the rules.

Help the situation and take control...

If you spot a shop you wish to obtain goods from that is busy, either wait outside creating a Queue and take responsibility for "crowd control" (help shops!) or stand in a place that prevents more shoppers entering until order has resumed (based on the rules of social distancing).

Yes I appreciate there are many that don't feel comfortable about making such bold moves but we need to work together.

Shop owners are under pressure to get goods to people and are also putting themselves at risk all the time.

More consideration for them, I'm sure, would be greatly appreciated.

ETA - Thank you so very much to all those in the local shops!

Brandome19 Wrote:

> Hi , thank you for your concern. We do normally

> allow only 6 customers in the shop at one time .

> It may be the case that the supervisor on duty

> wasn?t do his job properly. May I ask what time

> did you go in. From now on I will make sure this

> doesn?t happen again. Apologies for the

> disappointment. -Organic village market

Hello thank you for your response.

I usually shop around 11.30 A.M or there abouts as I find shops are generally quieter in the morning or late morning.

I love your shop and dearly want to support you as you have great produce.

Please try and sort this out as I have walked away empty handed having walked the length of Lordship Lane specifically to shop with you.

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

I wasn't going to write on here, but I thought that Organic Village Market deserve huge praise and recognition.

During lock down the management and lovely staff have been quietly looking after a vunerable pensioner in the community.

Whilst everyone has been thinking about their own needs, Organic Village Market have been thinking of her and her needs.

Organic village market represent what a community shop is really about, they have shared kindness and been a great help in a time of need.

• 2 weeks later...

Understand that Jones of Brockley Grove Vale branch only allows 1 customer in shop at a time. Dunno about their Brockley branch. Noticed that delivery girl was wearing mask and gloves .

Apart from reat fruit n veg have a selection of other food stuffs as well including Sour Dough and dairy, and now some interesting looking beers..

Jones of Brockley's branch in Grive Vale only allows 1 customer in at a time..great quality fruit n veg, sourdough bread bread, some dairy items and am told good coffees n selection unusual beers. Super service and home delivery to vulnerable.