Offer of free garden tidy up for older neighbours or relatives in the area

Gardenman

I have made an offer on my gardening tips to help any older neighbours in the area to tidy their gardens for free, but to no avail!! So, either , you?re not reading my gardening tips !!! Or you don?t have any older neighbours!!

The truth is, I am aware of some very overgrown gardens in the area & I love the idea of helping our older residents getting out into their gardens in this sunshine at this time. So I am offering a few hours to each garden you recommend

This will be done in isolation & I?ll get as much done as I can. Can?t take the rubbish away as the dumps are closed.

So, please ask your older neighbours or relatives & let me know.

Thank you in advance

Nigel

Such an abrupt post. No need for it. I?m sure Nigel would only do gardens with side/back access.

ReclaimedBrickPaths Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Not a good idea, especially if you have no side

> access. Your so called elderly person would have

> to open the door to you and there would be other

> complications undoubtably.

> Stick to the government policy Gardenman! Tend

> your own garden first...!

You clearly do not know Nigel, I do, and he is not posing as a salesman. He does a lot for charity.

I suggest you tone down your slandering.

Furthermore back and side access is adhering to social distancing.

ReclaimedBrickPaths Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Someone posing as a good will gardener, entering

> elderly and infirm peoples houses is not a good

> idea. This is not community spirit, it is blatant

> salesmanship and potentially deadly due to the

> current social distancing policies. You are

> deluded if you think otherwise. This is dangerous

> and irresponsible!

Nigel is a truely nice person and I don't understand why you've taken such a dislike to him. I am not related to Nigel or a business partner but a very happy customer. He's offering to help the vulnerable in the community by utilising his gardening skills and knowledge. He's also not daft and will be fully aware of the need for social distancing. I'm concerned you'll put people off taking him up on his offer by posting nasty comments

Another client of Nigel, who has done great work for me at reasonable rates. I think it's a good idea that he asks if forumites know anyone who needs help, he's not trying to contact vulnerable people directly, which could be inappropriate. And I'm sure he is well aware of social distancing issues, and would only take on work with side access. A shame to put off people who could benefit from a generous offer...

Archived