Sainsburys DKH - queue update please

bob Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> 2.15 queues out to all most dog Bob S

It looks like the pattern is quieter during the week to the point where if you're lucky you can walk straight in or at weekends, you've very likely to be standing on Edgar Kail Way.

This is why I've stopped using DKH at weekends and use the Forest Hill store or the Local on LL which are much easier to get into.

I can't see the counters returning until we've reached the level of total normality, which is some way off yet.

Monday is about non-essential businesses being allowed to open with strict social distancing guidelines, so expect more of the same queues we've seen outside supermarkets and pharmacies outside the likes of Primark.

Went this morning got there 7.20am a few elderly people maybe about 15 who they let in 7.30am that left 10 people not old or vulnerable .so sainsburys let us all in about 7.35am all tills were now accepting cash and card .come out at 8am no one outside.

Pugwash Wrote:

> Went about 3 pm on Tuesday - no queue - came out

> around 4 ish still no queue

You were lucky, I was in a queue at 2.30 on Tuesday which was a 10 min wait. I walked straight in on Thursday afternoon at 2.45.

• 2 weeks later...

Went to Sainsburys around 2 this afternoon and joined the queue of 6/7 people and was in the store within 5 minutes.

Came out to a bit of a queue past the cashpoints.

Inside there were quite a few empty shelves of stuff that have been in stock over the past few weeks.

this lockdown just shows people up to be selfish, they'd walk over you to get the last donut.

today when I went Sainsbury. I went down the cleaning isle to get some sainsbury wipes. as I was approaching a lady with a trolley also went to the wipes section, I didn't mind as there were plenty of wipes available. Not for long though as this woman took three boxes of the wipes. I could not believe the brass neck of this lady.

it really is shameful behaviour.

You can say what you like here, but you gave up any chance of seeing whether you could influence her behaviour then several hours ago. By boxes, do you mean cardboard cartons, each containing a number of individual boxes of wipes?

the cartons they stand up in she took the lot, I couldn't stop her because she scanned them on the quick shopping scanner.

I told her can you be any more greedy, she looked at me with a blank face like she had done no wrong. I wasn't gonna take them back out of her bag in the trolley.

Thanks. I don't know the things, so still don't understand how much she took, or how many items she had to scan, but it sounds as if asking her if she could let you have just one item would by then have been impracticable. You could ask Sainsburys about imposing a limit. I don't go there often, but one of my staples is their 300g dried skimmed milk packets, and their system still only allows me to check out three. Probably like you, I wouldn't take all of the last three anyway.

vic.ham Wrote:

> I think they have lifted the restriction in multi

> purchsing.

Yes they've lifted the restriction a couple of days ago. I have the Sainsburys App which gave out the info.

Was at Sainsburys this afternoon around 3pm and it wasn't busy at all and the shelves were well stocked.