Sainsburys DKH - queue update please

Clutterqueen Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Very empty on Wednesday afternoon when I went to

> Sainsbury's but still managed to set off the

> alarms on my way out for some reason but the

> security guard just waved me on!

They once left a security tag on a bottle I paid for and didn't notice until at home

• 4 months later...

Its busy every Christmas even without current circumstances.

Can you shop just one person for your household - please think about it the queue will be shorter for all.

Please be polite to staff - they might have to ask you to queue or social distance but they didn't set the rules. I wouldn't want to be them at the moment. Their Christmas plans will have been affected too and they are having to work so you can adjust yours. Bear that in mind.

Where you'd normally give a smile say Thank You - the smile is hidden by the mask. It took me a while to realise this.

Parking Marshalls directing cars. Short queue on arrival just before 9am. Queue around car park on exit at 10.

Queue to get into car park backing to Dog Kennel Hill at 1030 but queue to just beyond roundabout at 11.

Inside shop less busy than normal at this time of year although social distancing wasn?t really being observed or possible in popular aisles.

• 2 weeks later...

About 12.30pm the queue was short and moving fairly quickly. Busy inside and poor social distancing. Cheese seemed to be a very popular item with some European cheeses out of stock (wonder if it is Brexit related?), otherwise shelves seemed to be reasonably stocked with np apparent shortages. Queues lengthening for cars entering and leaving the car park. Glad I got all my shopping done.

Long queues on LL at M&S, both cheesemongers, the fishmonger, Franklins briefly and across the road at the butchers.

Ditto long queue at the green grocer on Evelina Rd/Nunhead Lane and ditto the fishmonger there, plus a queue outside the butchers in Woodvale.

No queue at Tesco Old Kent Road and again seemed well stocked.

Mid afternoon today, no queue to enter.

However the veg isles where amazingly empty, no oranges or easy peelers. Although some grapefruit and lots of lemons. Well stocked for other hard fruit, apples, pears and looked like just re-stocked bananas. Other isles appeared stocked, frozen goods OK. Manager said it will have a delivery tonight, so hopefully will be re-stocked for Thursday.

Wondering if we can have a Sainsburys staff mask update - about a third today were either not wearing masks or letting them hang beneath their noses, making them pretty ineffective. Not great with the Mayor declaring a major incident today.

Oh and no queues but no ice cream tubs either, other than a few diet versions the freezer shelves there are empty.

Rollflick have you asked Sainsburys to update staff / expressed your concerns to them? I had concerns shortly after staff first had to wear masks and a message on the Sainsburys Facebook page obviously had a reminder sent to staff as next time I went in it was much better.

You wouldn?t think it would be but its easy to forget about a mask even when you would normally wear one or have one ready to wear. Well I have headed off shopping and had to turn round as I?d forgotten my mask or taken it down to eat / drink and not put it back up immediately.

I was at Sainsburys, Dog Kennel, yesterday morning arriving around 10.30am. Very quiet and all the staff I saw had masks on and were socially distancing. Alas to say there were at least 10 shoppers who were not wearing masks at all and wandering around as if they couldn't care less.