A small plea from a local corona sufferer

I read it that the OP is rightly grouchy and fed up of being ill, and just wanted a whinge. But to whinge about something like kids playing too loud is risible- this is zone 2 in London, not the Cotswolds. There are many people in close proximity, going about their business- nothing wrong with that.

The OP comes across as a bit unrealistic to me.

I'd agree that lawnmowers, power tools, etc before 8am or so is antisocial. But 10am? Not so much.

And I think kids playing out in the garden any time between breakfast and around 8pm is pretty much fair game, to be honest. Especially at the moment, as they're mostly bored out of their brains with few opportunities to burn off their energy. If they really are consistently "shouting at the top of their voices" then yeah the parents should really tell them to pipe down, but hard to say if this is exaggerated or not...

• 2 weeks later...

gabys1st Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Re builders..check out by laws on thier working

> hrs, and report if these are being roken.

It's easy to check out the hours on the Southwark website but they were not doing anything about it during lock down and the only reason I got mine dealt with is because I had the foreman's mobile number which I passed on to the council and they phoned him up. The problem with the domestic project builders is that they will flout ALL the rules and regulations about hours, noise control, dust control etc( e.g.litter and fag butts being thrown into my garden, tiles and bricks falling into my garden)overfilled skips and the rubbish getting blown up the street until you complain to them and then you get sarcastic comments and rudeness from some of them- it is VERY frustrating.

It should be made COMPULSORY (in fact that is something Southwark could put in their building regulations) to have a board up with contact details because it is very stressful continuously having to deal with these people at any time- but especially when you are stuck at home sick or having to work from home.