Dawson Hill (noise control)

I feel for everyone who has been disturbed by this anti-social activity. Am really shocked to read that teens are being taken there by parents! I have older teens, 19 and nearly 17, and I wouldn't allow them to stay out all night unless I knew for sure where they were - ie. with friends at a friends house (and not at the moment anyway). In view of all the buck passing and shoulder shrugging going on from the people who should be helping her, I am not surprised the OP of this thread has posted the photos. She's clearly getting desperate.

SnakeFilth Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> mary123 Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> Would the fact that the Police have attended and,

> in your own words, 'just give advice to the groups

> to keep the noise down', make you think that in

> fact people gathering in a public space to have a

> few drinks and enjoy themselves is perfectly legal

> and it may just be your intolerance and possibly a

> misguided opinion that you are entitled to perfect

> peace and quiet in a major urban area that is the

> problem here? There are many, many parts of the

> country where you will achieve this without

> needing to twitch your curtains, email the council

> or call the already overstretched Police force who

> are understandably wary of attending such scenes

> without contracting Coronavirus and taking it back

> to their families.

Just because something isn't strictly unlawful does not mean that it is not selfish / thoughtless.

drewd- It was clean because I picked up most of the litter at 0730! I?m not asking for thanks just that others do the same - just one piece a day is good, in parks or just on the road, as is complaining to the council via councillors.

I asked for two bins where there is currently one. Simple, especially when one miraculously appeared not but 20 from two others on Goodrich Rd meaning we have three in about 100 feet!

Looking at the photos of these children they are doing nothing wrong! These people don?t seem like the kind of which you are describing to be violent and disruptive, could you be confusing them with other people as these children seem like lovely young men and women!

-Bob

@Bob ...When a lovely young man and woman as you put it has spent hours outside taken laughing gas, drugs and alcohol , they do not remain a lovely young man and woman..

Certainly more people partying on the hill last night, Police came to have a word around midnight, some of the youths left the hill then started raging and shouting at locals..

Hill was a mass of bottles, cans and laughing cannisters early this morning.

Hi Everyone,

I've just joined the forum to comment on this thread, so *waves*

I have lived in Ladlands for 14 years and in this time Dawson Heights has been a quiet, friendly place to live with very little anti social behaviour. The people complaining about the partying here are not being unreasonable, it is a nightmare. Every voice carries at night so if you sleep on this side of the block you can hear every shout, scream, laugh and of course the music.

Imagine 50 teenagers start to gather in your garden every day in the afternoon. They smoke some weed, listen to some music... well, teenagers will be teenagers right? As the evening wears on they grow louder. They light fires which burn the grass on your lawn. They graffiti the walls of your house. They urinate around your garden. They start to ring your doorbell in the middle of the night to demand to be let in to your garden. They ride mopeds around your garden. They don't leave until dawn. If you suggest they are quieter they tell you to F-off. You can't open your windows. When you go into your garden in the morning it is completely covered in rubbish.

And they do this every night. I don't believe any one would tolerate that for long and this has been going on for months! These kids are being unbelievably rude, selfish and disrespectful, they can't even pick up their own mess.

Drug dealers are already hanging out here and it's not too much of a stretch to imagine that gangs will see opportunities here.

If you see your kids in these photos please stop them from coming here. These are kids from Kingsdale, Charter, Haberdasher's and so on. (I have a teenager so I recognise some of them and have spoken with their parents).

I'm an old raver so I know about being young and partying but they are really taking the piss! I used to enjoy sitting on the hill but It's not pleasant out there anymore,

There was originally a Youth Club at Dawson Heights - Southwark Council withdrew funding from the Post Box YC at the East Dulwich Community Centre in order to concentrate resources on Dawson heights.

Not sure whether this club was around still prior lockdown.

@pugwash ..I hear there is a very successful children's club that is run by residents at Dawson's and other art and creative groups that are welcomed onto the estate, but I am not sure how this links in with Dawson Hill ASB?

Do you know it was these children specifically taking drugs? If not I think you criminalising them and posting their photos on a public forum (of which god knows who could see) isn?t productive and I would urge you to delete them until proven guilty. These children probably don?t know their photos are on here!

Hello John , I hope you are having a lovely day. I have been on the hill several times and some of the people making the most noise look to be the age of around 20-25 on motorbikes. This expensive repellent would not effect them so I don?t think it is a good idea. Sorry!

-Bob

I completely agree with the above points made, however I think a distinction needs to be made between groups hanging out there during the day, with low noise levels and enjoying the afternoon, as opposed to the rowdy crowds that gather and cause trouble around the estate at nighttime. Dawson?s is a lovely spot for teenagers and adults alike to enjoy and they should not feel at threat from their pictures being taken and circulated if they are simply there to spend time with friends. Let?s not profile all teenagers hanging out there as causing trouble, and certainly not post their pictures online unbeknownst to them when their intentions are often innocent.

These young people have been asked repeatedly to leave so some residents feel the only solution is to film, photograph and show these to the police as a body of evidence in an attempt to have this nuisance end. Do we know who, exactly, is taking drugs? No. I don't even care. But I don't want dealers coming here and targeting them or my children and generally using the place where we live as a place to come and deal, spray paint, break the communal doors or go up on the roof and cause problems with the air vents, drains etc. There is a distinction between day and night. Its noise after 9.00 that is the most problematic. And, sadly, for many of us Dawsons Hill is no longer a lovely spot to enjoy.

Well said, Liquorice. I live on Dunstans and can hear the noise. Appalled this is being allowed to continue. Somehow think that if it was happening in the middle of Dulwich Village, it would have been sorted already...

Whilst I do not necessarily agree with the apparent loud noise late into the night and the drug use etc, I must admit I am completely appalled that you would take pictures of minors without their parents consent. I would be mortified if someone did that to my child considering that in the pictures they?re not smoking/ drinking or anything. What is taking pictures going to do?These teenagers are within their rights to be at Dawson?s. I am aware of certain groups being there until very late and having mo peds etc as I regularly walk my dog there, but surely other people should be able to go aswel?? Also, if the issue was so bad then the police would have dealt with it more firmly.

Well put susanne, these children in these photos have as much right to be at dawsons hill than everyone in this forum, and having a photo taken of them without their knowledge is mortifying, furthermore, can we stop please, how would you feel if a random person had a photo of your child on their phone?

If that said person in the photo had just verbally abused a person, rode a motorcycle intimadating at someone, being generally loud, rude and under the influence.Yes I would need and want to know,, for the least to stop my child being at risk and harm..

The 3 people (2 girls 1 boy from what it seems) do not look old enough to ride a motorcycle , please delete their photos from the forum, these children have parents who might not know these are on here, please for the sake of these youths- delete the photos mary!

-Bob

I have been a reader of the forum for a few months now but have just made an account to talk on this issue, I am not the parents of any of these children however the photos need to stop! We shall get back to the matter at hand when these photos are dealt with, god knows who is looking at this forum, these children have done nothing wrong and there are photos circulating the internet of them now . Shame on you!