Dawson Hill (noise control)

I appreciate how that might be stressful for you liquorice however you should not label all teenagers as hooligans and ruffians hell bent on reeking havoc, a lot of these children just want to have a good time, obviously some are taking it way too far and need to be stopped however branding every youth you see on the hill is counter productive and slightly problematic. As a community we should work together to stop the bad people reeking havoc however assuming the worst in all of these young people is not the way to go about things!

-Bob

Wow, if any of that was happening on my doorstep I would be very unhappy, especially if posters, some of whom seem to know the children involved, advised me I was overreacting and that the most important thing was to avoid labelling antisocial behaviour as just that. Surely this goes to show that even children from ?good? backgrounds can get up to no good if left too much to their own devices.

The parents of these teens ?just being teenagers and having a bit of fun? in the early hours need to put themselves in the shoes of the poor residents living on the estate.

My sympathies are wholly with the residents.

As are mine, however what I?m saying is many children go on that hill for a meet up with their friends and labelling those specific children as bad people is wrong. I am extremely empathetic towards the people living in those estates, I know I would be fuming if someone graffitied my home. This should not be tolerated and it is a bad thing, but we should not use this event to represent a whole age group

-Bob

Oh my God Bobmith763 do you even have any children? I also know some of these young people. Yes, individually they are good kids but get them in a large group - add alcohol, weed, nitrous and music and they are a bloody pain in the arse. Even were they to stick to the hill the noise alone is unbearable! No one is trying to demonise a whole age group. There are a bunch of local young people who are behaving in a completely antisocial manner and ruining the sleep of many residents, not withstanding the vandalism. I have had to insist that my own teenage child does not participate or meet up with their friends on the hill as it has become something very unpleasant for our community. They manage to meet up with their friends in the daytime. We are not idiots or pearl clutching conservatives. This has become a complete nuisance.

Litter on a grassy hill may not be as bad as breaking into a private estate and vandalising people's properties. But it is a criminal offence and more importantly, it is causing local residents to feel a sense of dread about entering this space and spend their own time clearing up every morning. Surely this is not the kind of environment we want to just accept we live in.

I just hope the person who had identified her daughter will address the issues and have a word with the parents of her associates. I am amazed that their appalling behaviour is being in any way defended. It?s pretty clear this is not just kids hanging out - sounds like they are being disruptive, intimidating and causing damage. Police need to sort this now.

The pics posted by Licorice Twist demonstrates far better than any Of the other pics what the problem is and how bad it actually is.

The litter in the video is appalling. Just how many people are on the hill to create so much mess?

One thing we could all do is call 101 - the non-emergency police number - as soon as the crowd becomes noisy or there is any sign of anti-social behavior. If enough people report this issue, then hopefully something will be done to resolve it.

Please don?t assume others have called the Police.... play your part and do so too.

I am glad the pictures have been taken down (although I do subscribe to the old saying of no smoke without fire) but you have to admire the sudden mobilisation of "concerned parents" who registered on this forum today to voice their disapproval that their kids might have been "identified" - I particularly liked how some of their posts using a lot of CAPITAL LETTERS for emphasis....one hopes that they are taking time to speak to their children and advising them not to cause a nuisance to residents.

The Hill has become a problem area - every morning it looks like a war zone and all people want is for whomever uses it to treat it, and the local residents, with respect.

Hello Rockets, I?m not suprised by that at all, I have joined today as my child was pictured in the photos and came home from school horrendously upset today... who are the users imposting? We must report them or contact an administrator.

Michelle