Life Tips

????

No-life tip:

Your flight has a bus transfer to the plane for boarding: bathe in the knowledge that the last person on the first bus will be first up the plane steps.

So if getting on the plane first is important to you, position yourself about a bus-worth of people back from the front of the boarding queue/scrum.

If you're ever caught in heavy rain without an umbrella just walk into any pub and confidently say you left your umbrella there a while back. When they ask what it looks like just say "black" and take your pick from whatever they drag out. Not theft, more creative recycling...

Umbrellas are left behind as often as phone chargers in hotels - every front desk has a box of Blackberry, iphone and Nokia chargers to hand looking for a new home if you get stuck.

I went to Spec-savers because they had a very attractive promotion 2 for 1 on everything I think. Anyway had the eye test picked the glasses then came the bill they billed me for two sets of glasses. Apparently the promotion was only in "SELECTED STORES". Half hour wasted went back to my original Optician.

Generally on Virgin Trains the unreserved carriage is E. Sit here even if you have a reservation. Most folks now book on line and automatically get a reservation. People being people will insist on sitting in their reserved seat even if the rest of the carriage is empty, and usually for me it's a portly businessman who insists on cramming his carcass next to me.

Not for me, I'm in E stretching out and laughing at them!