Are we urban or suburban

I was chatting to a local resident the other day,and he told me that ken livingston wants to class East Dulwich an urban area.Now i know some differences between suburban and urban.However i also know that being classed an urban area is not a good thing because it means East Dulwich can be developed over and over again,well thats what i have been told.Can anyone clear this up for me.And do we want this for East Dulwich.Whats your opinion EDF.

I seem to remember that one of the biggest concerns about being classed urban is that taller buildings can go up. I think under suburban, the limit is 4 or 6 levels (but don't quote me!)

I get the feeling planning laws in general are more relaxed for urban areas. Didn't the Lib Dems run this in their election campaign in May? Nice to see the council can make a difference. It's sad really, especially when everone's spending so much money trying to figure out why nobody bothers to vote.....

Vote?

Ah yes, there's a word that takes me back. People used to queue to do it during elections; apparently they felt priviliged to be able to or summat. Heh! People in the past were stupid. Losers.