Lose weight and inches with a patch

nualacoll

I hate this sort of crap, selling magic pills and spells, playing on people?s insecurities that they might not match up to an air brushed plastic dream sold by glossy magazines.

And is it a coincidence that a Nuala is on their web site as a ?level one independent distributor??

And come to that, what is a ?level one independent distributor??

Good grief...

Maybe if you believe in it, then it works for you, maybe.

But in reality weight loss is down to burning more calories than you consume. That simple. Eat less, exercise more.

But the slimming industry is all about making money and that means they need something a little more complicated.

I do think that if you are making money from something, and I assume that?s why you are the sales contact on the product web site, you ought to come clean and not just pretend to be recommending a product out of the goodness of your heart.

I?m off for a bun.

As someone who's worked in the weight loss industry (the traditional healthy eating/exercise side of it) I can't help but be sceptical about using a patch to miraculously lose weight.

I do, however, agree that emotional issues come into play for many people as far as weight is concerned, but fail to see how a patch would help to deal with these? Surely the healthy eating and exercise route is more effective in achieving overall mind and body results?

"The Jen Fe patch is an extraordinary, simple, self-adhesive information program for better looks and a beautiful figure. At the same time, the uptake of the ingredients contained in the patch is insignificant.

The Je Fe patch contains well-known substances from nutritional supplementation that can guide the healthy upkeep of the human body during scientifically recognized administration of the substance so that it is easier to maintain a beautiful figure. The uptake of the substance from the patch, however, is so minute that the benefits for the beautification and maintenance of the body can not be explained according to conventional ways of thinking."

I thought it was clinically proven, nuala?

Interestingly, on the website there is precious little hard info about the product, and loads about how being a distributor is a great business opportunity.

Scam!

As a nutritional therapist, I find this sort of post both disappointing and alarming to come accross.

There are numerous reasons for people's weight problems, including emotional issues, hormonal imbalances, prescribed drugs, and most often, poor diet and lack of exercise! All of these can be dealt with in a number of different ways, but please do not be fooled by ads for quick magic slimming pills/patches/lotions and potions. There are some fantastic natural supplements that can indeed aid weight loss (mostly due to ingredients which reduce appetite or control the way the body absorbs the fats and sugars) but even they will only help when used to complement a healthy diet and exercise program. The old fashioned way of calories in versus calories out is still the only way proven to work.........short of drastic cosmetic surgery of course!?!

Good luck to everyone out there who is struggling to shift a few pounds, but please please PLEASE beware of handing your hard earned cash over to any sheme which promises quick results with no effort. It simply will not work!

fmay Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

Isn't there a saying about 'size doesn't matter, it's what you can do with it' anyway?

It's true.. there is a saying along those lines. It's what girls say to men with small cocks when there's an embarrassing silence.

(So I'm told)

DaveR Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Not sure about a can of worms

>

> I think some people are disappointed to see a plug

> for such a dubious product here. You can see my

> opinion above.

I just had a quick look at the tread and I will have to come back tomorrow, to your comment, I feel that this patch is not a dubious product and I'm going to leave it at that until tomorrow as I had a lovely time responding to a lovley tread.

There are some people who have a 'gland' problem, such as an underactive thyroid. Other people gain weight as a result of taking medication. But the majority of people who are fat are overeaters and undermovers. The bottom line is that very many of us, including the non-tubby, eat too much. And most of us don't take enough exercise. I don't doubt that changing one's eating and drinking and exercise habits is hard, but that is what is needed to lose weight and keep it off. Don't fall for patches and potions! Nero