-------------------------------------------------------

> tedfudge Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> ----- Wednesday night on my way to work I was

> > on blackfriars bridge there was 4 caris

> including

> > mine and I counted 9 buses looked to have a

> total

> > of about 11 people on board all buses in total.

>

>

> Surely not because we are in lockdown and people

> are asked to make essential journeys only, but the

> buses still have to run?

>

> No, that would be a stupid reason for so few

> people on the buses .... 🙄

Sue...

Read my message properly

I said over the 15 years I have been driving in London there are more empty buses NOT just during lockdown....

History is such a great thing!!!!!

Years and years ago, it did run along court lane but was re-routed to the current route, I believe because people who lived there didn't want it running through their road, if memory serves me right??

Hello - I?m after some help. Can you turn left onto east dulwich grove from townley road in school times.

I read somewhere the restrictions are only specific to northbound or right turn. I drove past townley last week in the morning and it was empty, so wondering if there?s no traffic allowed through there at all now?

I think as long as you?re outside the stipulated 0800-1000 and 1500-1800 timings, you?ll be OK.

I do this myself during week.

I?m assuming the stipulations are for weekdays only, it just occurred to me that I haven?t actually checked for certain. And logic is no friend of these LTNs and road restrictions.

ED Light Wrote:

> Hello - I?m after some help. Can you turn left

> onto east dulwich grove from townley road in

> school times.

> I read somewhere the restrictions are only

> specific to northbound or right turn. I drove past

> townley last week in the morning and it was empty,

> so wondering if there?s no traffic allowed through

> there at all now?

jazzer Wrote:

> History is such a great thing!!!!!

> Years and years ago, it did run along court lane

> but was re-routed to the current route, I believe

> because people who lived there didn't want it

> running through their road, if memory serves me

> right??

I think that was 1990 when the P4 was moved from Court Lane to now get stuck in Dulwich Common on a daily basis.

Just browsing through this month's Council Forward Plan. Some upcoming things that might be of interest:

Decision on Climate Change Strategy and Action Plan (following recent consultation) - due June 2021

Decision on Minor Traffic Schemes 2021/22 Batch 2 due May 2021 (these are usually small things dotted around like removal of parking spaces, yellow lines etc).

More interestingly, the future decision on the Nunhead CPZ does not appear in this month's plan, and it also seems to have been retrospectively removed from last month's plan. I took a screenshot of it as I thought that all trace of the firm plans to implement the borough wide CPZ might well disappear!

I think that a great vote of thanks should be given to legalalien as I do not think people are aware of all these decision Southwark are trying to push through without people having any idea it is happening.

Who looks or know where to look this is happening. Only those that have an agenda tp push.. Southwark never lets you know.

Many thanks

What a deceitful and disingenuous tweet.

For almost a year now, C'llrs Leeming and Newens have been brushing off concerns about access for Blue Badge Holders, carers and less mobile residents and insisting that it was not possible to introduce any exemptions. Now they have contradicted themselves, presumably because of public pressure.

It also raised an interesting question as to how the council will apply this exemption. OneDulwich have pointed out how other councils have used technology and on-line applications to develop a database of exempted vehicles. Again, C'llrs Newens and Leeming have always claimed that this was impossible for Southwark; now it seems it can be done.

Sadly it seems we cannot rely on anything our Councillors tell us.

Wow.

Removing or changing part of a document after publication to give the impression it was initially published like that is fraudulent.

legalalien Wrote:

> Just browsing through this month's Council Forward

> Plan. Some upcoming things that might be of

> interest:

>

> Decision on Climate Change Strategy and Action

> Plan (following recent consultation) - due June

> 2021

> Decision on Minor Traffic Schemes 2021/22 Batch 2

> due May 2021 (these are usually small things

> dotted around like removal of parking spaces,

> yellow lines etc).

>

> More interestingly, the future decision on the

> Nunhead CPZ does not appear in this month's plan,

> and it also seems to have been retrospectively

> removed from last month's plan. I took a

> screenshot of it as I thought that all trace of

> the firm plans to implement the borough wide CPZ

> might well disappear!

alice Wrote:

> Maybe some buses need routes changed. For East

> west local travel the p4 rerouted down court lane.

> Quicker and will catch more people. Doesn?t cost

> ?millions.

Routing the P4 down Court Lane instead of the South Circular and College Road would mean that Dulwich College (a destination for literally hundreds of staff and pupil journeys each working day) and Dulwich Picture Gallery (which quite a lot of people visit in summer) would get cut off from the service. In contrast - there are no institutional buildings on Court Lane.

Issue maybe more for the Kingsdale crew who alight/ descend from the P4 at the CR/205 stop and would have a longer walk. Agree re the cycling though, my dad cycled there from Grove Park back in the day.

Idly googling while the dinner cooks - found this

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/list_of_roads_218#incoming-647751

Looks as though CL has the same road classification as DV (at least in 2015)? ETA and Calton as well.

Abe_froeman Wrote:

> Can't those people just cycle to Dulwich College?

> Why not, what's wrong with them?

Maybe it's because lots of them are 13 years old and cycling through London isn't safe due to the volume of inattentive, speeding drivers and the lack of safe cycling spaces.

Now you mention it, someone should do something about that - you know, something to reduce the volume of traffic close to all the schools in Dulwich, and discourage private car drivers from going along key routes at rush hours... 🤔

At least 12 ?hard-core? cyclists in DV, merrily ignoring red lights (as usual). It?s a hive mentality. Poor show from people who likely are seen and see themselves as middle-class, professional men of a certain age. (Everyone can break traffic rules: it?s not only younger people, is my point.)