Abandoned kittens in East Dulwich

In the last week Celia Hammond has been called out on 2 seperate occasions to small kittens wandering the streets. The first was on Darrel Road and the second on Glengarry Road. Both kittens are around 8-10 weeks and have been hiding up in cars so were filthy dirty.

They are both friendly so unlikely to have been born outside. My own personal opinion is that maybe someone has dumped these kittens in different locations. Can i ask ED residents to keep an eye out for straying kittens, and if anyone spots any to call us so that we can come and get them. The rescue number is 020 8694 6545 and there is an emergency mobile number on that answerphone.

Thank you

It's a disgrace in this day and age that people don't neuter their cats to prevent unwanted kittens, and unforgivable that they should just dump them on the streets. Thank goodness for charities like Celia Hammond. I also read a box of puppies were dumped somewhere in Peckham. It's horrible.

pommie Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> chillychap

>

> get in touch with deptforddiva about these kittens

xxxxxx

I don't think they're likely to still be where they were seen at 4am the other morning, sadly.

People seem to be dumping them everywhere, a couple have been dumped in a park in Lewisham in the last week. Even though we're full to bursting i wish they dumped them on us instead. Its hard to imagine how they must feel being taken away from their home and their mum and just abandoned in strange, cold and dangerous places - they are still babies after all. Theres some cold, heartless people out there !!!

Yes, please be careful about "rescuing" any cat on the street!! Those station cats have been there a while, there is a little elderly cat that lives down the street from us which people keep calling the RSPCA about, she is just old and doddery which is obvious to me but obviously not to everyone. It is really upsetting the owners!

I did once see a fairly young cat on the street (about 6 months ago) but I knocked on the nearest house and they said he was being let out for the first time (so I was right about the age!) but he was ok to be out and about. If they are very little kittens they shouldn't be outside, but if you can, check if anyone knows who they belong to. If they are dirty like the ones mentioned above, it is a little more obvious!

What is going to happen to the abandoned kittens?

I hope the little kittens are found. It is unbelievably unkind and cruel to abandon animals like this; whoever did this should be shot. For such tiny animals it will be difficult for them to survive in the cold weather and apart from that there are a number of foxes in the area.

I had a look round Northcross Rd today, didnt see any kittens but i did see a smallish young adult black cat - very friendly. I spoke to a lady who lives on the road - Nutbrook?? - and she says there are 2 that have been there for a while and she occasionally feeds. I'll put some notices up about those 2, but i dont think they could be confused with 8-10 week kittens so i will keep looking. Hopefully i will be able to go in the evening and they may be around then as it was very busy today.

mrure26 Wrote:

It is

> unbelievably unkind and cruel to abandon animals

> like this; whoever did this should be shot.

xxxxxx

Bit of an unkind, cruel and disproportionate response to the original unkindness and cruelty, wouldn't you say?

DeptfordDiva Wrote:

> I had a look round Northcross Rd today, didnt see

> any kittens but i did see a smallish young adult

> black cat - very friendly. I spoke to a lady who

> lives on the road - Nutbrook?? - and she says

> there are 2 that have been there for a while and

> she occasionally feeds. I'll put some notices up

> about those 2, but i dont think they could be

> confused with 8-10 week kittens so i will keep

> looking. Hopefully i will be able to go in the

> evening and they may be around then as it was very

> busy today.

If you see a white one with black and ginger splodges, that's Tom! He lives in the newsagents and is a cheeky wee sod! He ran after me when he was a kitten and sat on my lap, swiping at kids as they went past!