intexasatthe moment Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I don't doubt that is not news ,but it is now

> possible to go online and check whether the system

> has reached your level of eligibilty .If so you

> can book a slot

>

> https://www.nhs.uk/book-a-coronavirus-vaccination/do-you-have-an-nhs-number

The program has now officially been expanded to group 6 (underlying health conditions) but this website only goes to group 5 (65+). Perhaps group 6 still need a GP invitation?

Perhaps I've been offered the covid jab because I got the flu jab, but I am Group 8 and have no underlying conditions, so am I the innocent beneficiary of an admin loophole?

I don't know anyone else my age who has been offered the jab without either (a) being a frontline health worker (b) being around when there were spares or © having underlying conditions.

The news reports huge (comparatively) lack of take-up in London, as certain groups are invited but choose not to come. It makes no sense for facilities to sit idle (or Pfizer vaccines to go off) - so I'm not surprised if 'early' jabs are being offered. As the intention is to vaccinate down to age 18, eventually, and certainly to 50 by May, people may be getting it early, but not who otherwise would never get it.

What really upsets me is to read about low take-up amongst front-line health professionals, in hospitals and care homes. Who were all (or almost all) offered the vaccine in the very first waves. This even includes hospital doctors, I heard on R4 this morning.

dresswaves Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I'm in group 6 due to being a carer but I believe

> that puts me after all the over 65's in group 6.

> Haven't heard from my GP yet.

I'd recommend you give 119 or your surgery a ring and offer to take up a last minute appointment (if you are able) because it seems unfair that I'm offered, as a non carer, and you are not!

NewWave wrote:

---------------

> Mines Wednesday and I'm 61 y/o.

> I'm so pleased!

I'm pleased for you too. Your mentions of carrying on doing public-facing work during the non-shutdown periods, and the worry of public transport commuting to the west end along with the non-mask-wearers, and your colleague's positive test, ... all rightly made me feel at least a little uneasy myself.

I think people have already warned about not thinking that whatever partial immunity you get sets in overnight. Somewhere there sre the Israel figures showing the amount of time it took for reported infections to drop off there post-first-jab. ISTR, after seeing one set of results, setting myself three weeks leeway after my own jab before feeling on the safer side, though even now I'm still taking the same precautions.