Is Hope & Greenwood closing down?!

poppet27

From what I understand Mark & Kitty sold the building, but the new landlord has kicked them out (I've heard stories of outrageous money grabbing rent increases from other landlords in the area recently).

The online shop, big store concessions and homeware sides must be doing ok, so an expensive shop in East Dulwich is probably an overhead too far. Note the TV show did not refer to the 'Hope & Greenwood' brand, being BBC.

Recently the TV show, previously book deals, so maybe the shops and their loyal clientele don't figure too much now.

Dear All,

Raising my head over the parapet here to put a few points straight but more importantly to say how overwhelmed we are by the messages, tweets, emails and especially the hugs both Miss H and I received on Friday on NCR.

Regrettably after 10 years we have closed the door on this branch; our last trading day was yesterday.

The building is owned by a landlord who wishes to make use of the retail premises for their own business and we wish them well in their venture.

All staff at NCR have been deployed to other areas within Hope and Greenwood. Scarlett the manager has gone to our Covent Garden branch where she will be a very active part of the team, I know how much she'll be missed by ED.

As mentioned Covent Garden is open, 7 days a week, if you're in the area please pop in and available online for mail order at www.hopeandgreenwood.co.uk.

Please register and use this 10% discount at checkout for online sales - NCR10

Thank you all for your custom over the last 10 years, we?re proud of the fact Hope and Greenwood started in East Dulwich, the area I first moved into in 1982.

Best wishes

Mark Greenwood & Kitty Hope.

healey Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Sue Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > When it opened I gave it six months, so if it

> > really is closing it's done well better than I

> > predicted.

> >

> > Very sorry though. It was great for small

> choccy

> > gifts and the people who work there are lovely.

>

> They're doing far better than you predicted. Shops

> in central London and now Japan. TV series etc.

Well yes but at the time they were just a tiny retro sweetshop!

Obviously I'm delighted they've done so well!