Peckham Liberal Club

david_carnell

;-) Thanks for that "enlightening" response!

I'll presume no-one has a bloody clue then. It's just the other side of Peckham Rye station. Thought it might do cheap beer. And other manly things. Like darts. Or pipe smoking.

Never mind. I'll just have to pop along and see what the deal is.

The first rule of the Peckham Liberal Club.. is that no-one seems to know anything about the Peckham Liberal Club.

What do you know, David? Are pressing liberal matters of the day discussed liberally in a liberal atmosphere?

Or is it just about the cheap booze?

*Bob* Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> What do you know, David?

I know nothing...other than it exists...apparently.

> Are pressing liberal

> matters of the day discussed liberally in a

> liberal atmosphere?

Hopefully.

> Or is it just about the cheap booze?

Pretty much, yes. And darts. And pipes.

I did have a look on t'interweb for you, though I'm sure you had a look too, and there's pretty much zip. I even had to read between the lines to work out it's (probably) some sort of phoenix Nights type affair.

Give em a ring is your best bet, I did try but no answer.

020 7732 0482

KalamityKel Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Sorry David didnt mean not to b much help... I'm

> sure u can guess my feelings/views on such things

> ;-)

So, are you UKIP then?

• 3 years later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi, I'm replying to this thread because it's currently the top Google search result for "Peckham Liberal Club". I joined earlier this year, I can confirm that it is still open, it costs ?20 a year to join, new and prospective members are always welcome to come down for a visit, as above there are several snooker and pool tables, a 1950s (I think) style ballroom, a darts room and very cheap booze (?2.75 for a pint of mild, around three quid for most lagers). Just ring the buzzer after 7ish Tues-Sun and ask to have a look around. Like many working mens/social clubs it's in danger of being turned into flats so do come down for a pint while you still can! If enough people get involved, maybe it will survive...

The Peckham Pandemonium music night is now based there so that could be a good excuse to come have a look (next event December 19)- it's a great space and I reckon there's a lot of potential for other types of events. Some fresh blood could really improve the club's fortunes and make it a great asset for Peckhamites of all generations.

EDIT: turns out we now have a website! http://www.peckhamliberalclub.org/