Virginmedia Hell

benjaminty

Anyone have Virginmedia cable and trying to make use of the On Demand features?

I'm at my wits end with Virginmedia but can't handle having a dish put on the front of my house. Would like to know if it is just my set top box or anyone else in the area having similiar issues?

I had a nightmare with the on-demand always having to unplug it to re-boot , rang them up several times to complain, one time I was told it was the box next it was the local service. Anyway, upgraded to the V+ box and the fitters told me the old boxes are shit, no problems yet with the new V+, so try asking for a replacement box.

depends upon what problems you are having.

I will not got to SKY as I do not want to pay for a box that is out of warranty after a year and I would have to go to adsl broadband.

I and on 20mb broadband (4 computers in the house so need the bandwidth). I very rarely hve problems with the broadband service (it does not suffer the distance to exchange issues that all other broadband suppliers have.

The older TV boxes are a bit of a problem but have a V+ box now which is excellent. Always recording shows onto the box that I miss instead of having to fiddle about with the DVD recorder.

Have you had tech support out - yes I know that calling India is a bit of a pain but that happens with most companies now

I cannot use the On Demand function. I can order and play items, but the playing is staggered and pixellated and unwatchable. I've tried the same item 4 times now over the last week and same problem every time.

I have asked for refunds to the account, which they have granted which is all well and good, but I'd rather it just worked in the first place.

I have thought about v+ many times but just thought that if virgin can't do the basics, then how the hell will they provide and enhanced service.

If any others come forward with their experiences on virgin and v+ then ... well would be interesting/helpful?

I had a problem with the on demand service for a while, it kept giving me an error code and saying I couldn't access the service blah blah blah. Anyway an engineer came round and I got a new box which has been great, much quicker and no problems now. It's not V+ I don't think,just a new box. My old one was about 5 years old.

V+ is excellent, no probs (touch wood) with any of the On Demand or interactive stuff. Defo worth getting it for the ability to tape a couple of programmes and watch another - never thought I'd need to do that but you'd be surprised. No fighting over what to watch and all in great upscaled picture

Benjaminty

I've had the same issue with a V+ box using hdmi, everything works perfectly except for the pixelated and stuttering on demand content, and was told that second level support would fix it. It didnt. Engineer came out did some stuff with the box outside and it seems, touch wood, to be working fine now