Flower deliveries (outside John Allen flower shop)

Why expect them to?

Email the councillors direct.

Their emails are on the Southwark website.

Peckhamgatecrasher Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> For a short season we have the glorious Scily

> Isles and Cornwall.

>

> Your suggestion of moving the crossing is

> brilliant - it is so dangerous to cross there

> regardless of lorries. Any Councillors reading

> this?

The good news is that I just passed the Dutch delivery lorry on LL, and he hadn't parked on the zigzags, so maybe Mr Allen had a word. The bad news is he was parked instead a bit further up, with cars parked on the opposite side of the road. As a result buses couldn't squeeze through. In no time this had created a tailback all the way to the police station and a few drivers who looked like they were about to unleash some road rage.

The bad news is that as I walked up Lordship Lane today at 6.00pm the Dutch flower lorry pulled and parked on the zig zags and straight in front of the zebra crossing.

Where were our heroic community wardens to slap a fine on him? If it's ?75 for a a cigarette end, then how much should it be for endangering lives?

• 1 year later...

Ah. One year later, the big gigantic lorry has taken up residency on my road a few streets away. It is currently parked at a corner elbow and it will be a miracle if it does not cause an accident as there is no way to see if there is oncoming traffic. The giant lorry has appeared most days this week and seems to have taken up residency. A van has joined it on occasion. All this on a very busy hard-to-park-on street...the giant lorry seem clever enough to migrate during school run hours so that there are no spaces when we get back...

Bah.

i usually cycle. but i have a major sinus infection and no energy to do so this week.

thanks for the kind commentary.

btw...the point of the post was bad parking that might cause an accident and a giant lorry.

Hi,

Can someone explain to me, thick as I am, why should the ratepayers pay to move a pedestrian crossing for the benefit of a trader! Quite clearly the lorry driver has commited offences contrary to the road trafic act on numerous occasions previous and continues to do so. If the council were informed of the usual times of delivery, they would be able to secure the services of a appropriate recovery vehicle, and secure the same into a compound, thus increasing their parking revenue.

It seems to me that that the traffic wardens only apply tickets to the vunerable, for instance, people park on double yellow lines to make purchases in the Southampton Row shops. In the ten years that I have lived in this area I have never ever seen a traffic warden in that area! The reason is they are scared of a confrontation. I have spoken with the council

who advised that wardens visit different areas on different day, they admitted that they have no current disputes or outstanding cases in Southampton Way, they would not confirm that this was because wardens do not visit this area because of fear of confrontation.

Oh Well, must keep paying the rates!

Kind regards,

Libra Carr.

The fact is parking in zebra zig zags is an offence with a fixed penalty and 3 points on your licence - but I have yet to see it enforced in Dulwich - either at Goose Green or where people reguarly park in Dulwich Village outside Pizza Express on both sides of the riad, also blocking the zebra.

LibraCarr Wrote:

> Oh Well, must keep paying the rates!

>

> Kind regards,

> Libra Carr.

The Rates were abolished nearly 20 years ago. I advise you to stop paying them asap.

kford Wrote:

> Isn't the zig-zag offence a police rather than

> council parking attendant matter, because of the

> licence endorsements?

Yes but the POLICE are far to busy these days AVOIDING any DIRECT CONFLICT situations.

And for some strange reason the Southwark PARKING MAFFIA gangster?s would rather ticket someone for being ? inch on a yellow line or one wheel half on the curb or similar minor offences.

PeckhamRose Wrote:

> Has anyone complained to Southwark Council about

> this directly?

> I mean, rather than on here where no-one can do

> anything?

> Just askin'!

I've phoned them many times about Zebra Crossings but nothing changes. Their idiotic scooter riders and their crusing Toyota Prius driving gangsters only care about bus lanes yellow lines and drop curbs oh and a wheel on the curb and double parking to ofload a ton of luggage or ikea purchases.

We are trying but they just don?t care.

It?s us the ENEMY and them THE MASTERS of us.

The Idea was supposed to keep the traffic flowing and keep pedestrians safe.

BUT

It IS about REVENUE and JOB CREATION for THE COUNCIL.

THEY SERVE THEMSELVES

WE are just the PUNCH BAGS.

Sad but true????????