Ode to Dulwich DIY

JRK

We've got so many amazing local independent businesses in East Dulwich and I just wanted to sing my praises to Dulwich DIY who have bailed me out on numerous occasions. I've always had a soft spot for hardware shops such as DD, they really do have just about everything. Foxes digging up my window boxes? No problem, scoot to the rescue. Run out of battery powered tea lights on Christmas eve? Don't fret they've got your back... Lock on the bathroom door bust? I could go on :D This is not an advert for them for any that might suspect, I'm just a Dulwich DIY lover who wanted to share the joy with a painting that I thought some locals might enjoy.

upload images

Thankyou so very much, I must paint more shops and I don't doubt the other DIY shops are good, I'm just partial to this sort of stlye and always have been, a family holiday growing up wasn't complete without a trip around independent hardware shop that stocked everything under the sun and I've not once come out of here without what I went in for!

Thanks Annie, I do actually, I've got a few other shops, most of the local pubs, some of the parks and a street scene too, though it saddens me we won't have Franklins Farm shop to enjoy anymore, at least it is immortalised here from a distance! Any more suggestions of loved places do let me know. Here's a couple more

determine screen size

• 2 weeks later...