Quiet room...

Huguenot

*looks for reading glasses*

*pours tea into saucer when no one looking (thanks Dulwich mum)*

wonders if there are any arrowroot biscuits left in the tin.......

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

*glasses gently fall off head onto nose*

Dear Dulwichmum. Been missing you too! Sadly I think everyone else has probably been having what we term "a good old Saturday night knees up" whilst you and I have been instructing our young ones and catching up with our household chores........

(unless mr mikewbate hass been too busy planting up his balcony in preparation for evening drinks now that spring is springing.....)

It's a lovely morning! The birds are chirruping, sun filtering through clouds etc etc. Get up everyone!

Hardly surprising what with the multitudes swarming around.

Though I wouldn't have recognised you even if I did see you given your photoless online anonymity. Were you one of the yummier mummies on parage?

Ha! How strange to think having a large bag is unique. I defy you to find a mother who doesn't lug a giant bag around stuffed with wipes, humzingers, rice cakes, used tissues, sun cream, an umbrella, an old nappy one size too small envelopped in a crumpled nappy sack, half a pack of triple x mints from 1994 and the flap from page 4 of the library copy of Spot's Birthday, etc.

There were some mothers there today who looked a touch too well put together for just a trip down to the swings. Not that I'm complaining, you understand. But it made me smirk a little at the same time.

NTS!NTS!NTS!NTS!NTS!

brrrwaassat?!? *Jarrs awake pawing at ears in attemp to be rid of rude noise invasion*

NTS!NTS!NTS!NTS!

*Heaves self up and thunders purposefully out of the door*

Muffled raised voices

Sound of CD being snapped

Sound of CD player being hurled to floor

*Returns to room clutching plug attached to ripped power cable in clenched fist*

*Settles back in chair*

Bloody music room.

• Administrator

enters room, goes over to notice board and pins up notice

"In order to preserve the harmony of the Lounge the music room has now had soundproofing and sound limiters installed. We wish to apologise for any disturbance this may have caused but we do ask that in future that you approach the management before taking matters into your own hands. "

*walks in, looks around, decides this is the perfect place to nurse Monday morning hangover*

*spots dulwichmum, and realises that a starbucks coffee might help hangover.......... remember that I hate coffee, and decide on red bull*

*finds darkest corner and curls up in a shivering heap*

*Screams silently, and hides from the daylight*

*nips out and dives headfirst in to cool swimming pool*

*Climbs out feeling refreshed and alive. Pulls up lounger next to Mockney's, sips a cocktail, passes out..... Burning in sun* B)

Au pair 'Ana' arrives with tray of four Starbucks for coffee (I sent a text request to her earlier). Vente Latte's dispensed also to chums Mr Keef, Mr Mockney and Mr CrystalClear.

Settles back into large purple velvet armchair with a copy of Elle deco. Smiles contentedly to self, slips off shoes.