Cloth nappy question

R11

I'm thinking of investing in some more nappies for my 3 month old, who I haven't managed to get into cloth yet. Thought I'd consult the family roomers as I know there are a fair few cloth nappy users and experts among you.

I used Motherease one size mostly for my older son and really liked them but didn't start until he was about 4 months and he was considerably bigger than his little sister is now. I have tried her in them but all poppered down into the smaller size plus a wrap seemed a) enormous and bulky on her (she's quite long and slight and still only in size 1 or 2 disposables) and b) quite a lot of faff when I'm now doing it with a 3 year old to entertain at the same time. A friend lent me an old Bumgenius all in one to try, which was much easier and a bit less bulky and when I consulted the Nappy Lady and gave my requirements, she suggested the new Bumgenius freetime. It looks great but I wondered if anyone has used them on a smallish, breastfed baby and what they think performance/ease of use-wise before I buy (especially as they are so new there aren't really any available to buy second hand) Or does anyone have any other all in one recommendations? I really want to stick to one size only as I'd like them to last all the way. Also, if anyone's looking to sell any good nappies, please let me know.

Thanks

I haven't used the all-in-one bumgenius, but I have used the pocket nappies (bumgenius v3) on my two children from birth. They were great, and are durable as they are still going strong and about to be put into use for a 3rd time. The pocket nappies have a built in fleece liner that goes over the microfibre inserts, but other than that they look quite similar to the freetime nappies.

I'd highly recommend the pocket nappies, and they were good for little (6lb) breast-fed babies.

Hi

I used a combination of nappies with mine - just couldn't stop testing! but my favourites were Blueberries, Bumgenius and Itti Bittis - I do have 3 bumgenius (v3 I assume) which I'm about to put up for sale - PM me if you're interested and I'll dig them out. My baby was quite skinny and they worked well, though I didn't start properly til he was about 3 months old so no experience of them for a very tiny one.

I also have some Bamboozle Stretchies and Tots Bots wraps which were great for us too but not all in ones of course.

The best nappies I used were the bumgenius organic (one size all in one), bumgenius flip (one size adjustable outers and inserts) and fuzzibunz elite. I think those bumgenius might be discontinued now (I've sold mine already) but you should be able to find them preloved on www.clothnappytree.com . YOu can still get the fuzzibunz elite new

I used the bum genius V3 0r 4 I dont know on my baby from 12weeks. He was small, hovering around the 15% weight mark and breast fed and I had no problems with them, when I went to order more nappies the freetimes ones were available and thenappylady.co.uk suggested them instead. I love them, they are so easy to use, dry quickly and are not too bulky. I tried some other ones at the start but found these to be the best.